New FLAME CAPSULE - Faster Navigation with the Storyboard - Flame 2021.2

Today’s 30 second Flame Capsule shows new optimisations in the Effects Environment which make the thumbnails in the storyboard appear super fast!

Start working straight away and don’t wait for thumbnails to load!

The thumbnails are also cached for additional performance and both these improvements speed up switching between shots in any length of programme.

Pushing interactivity further with Flame 2021.2

You can check out this video and more on the Flame Learning Channel

Stay safe and enjoy!
Grant

3 Likes

These are great great-Grant, but please do not forget or forgo the longer form classical tutorial videos that made you the man the myth and the legend. These short form videos are great as a supplement and back-up but a 2:1 ratio in favour of the 5-20- minute-ish videos, imho, are a better way to go. Since the loss of the IBC/NAB videos, and reduction in FXPhD, etc. there is a ramp down in the showcasing of Flame in the public sphere. The longer videos really help to showcase movements in Flame’s developing and cutting edge, and not just in terms of “new/latest features” but some deeper dives into the existing toolset and combinations thereof. So, to sum-up, I do love and appreciate these capsule videos, but I only love them as an addition, and not as a diminution or escape-hatch from the deeper deep-breath dives. Keeping up on those mothership videos makes these ‘stabs’ a very welcome supplementation or “spark.”

Keep up the excellent work!

Cheers
Tony

1 Like

Hi Tony,

The capsules are in no way a replacement for the longer videos. It just makes sense to show one thing in 30 seconds instead of me ramping up a 5 to 10 minute video to verbalise the same thing.

Rest assured that there are more videos planned but I am trying to focus on quality instead of quantity. Hence the production time is a little longer.

Thanks for letting me know and season’s greetings to all!

Grant

2 Likes