PrimatteAI OFX is now available for Flame users worldwide

Hi! I am the author of the original Primatte and the new PrimatteAI. The OFX version of PrimatteAI was launched early this year in Japan, with over 130 licenses in use. Now, we are excited to release it for Flame users worldwide through Photron U.S.A. You can find more information at primatte.com (Products > PrimatteAI). For further details, please reach out via the “Contact Us” section.
I hope the new ofxPriamtteAI can be the final and indispensable node in your keying node tree.
Arigato!

17 Likes

@hemibola - LEGEND!

YES!!!
I love Primate. I extensively used the Spark version in the past, and I missed it for a long time, until it was available via Silhouette, but that implementation is non-optimal in Flame.
I hope you have a trial mode for this, as I definitely want to validate it.

You can ask the trial version by emailing in the primatte.com contact us. Thanks!

3 Likes

Everyone should accept this generous offer and trial this incredible software!
@Jeff and @andymilkis - this is a logik live - talking about one of the most significant technologies in the modern history of compositing

4 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

@hemibola - actually, THANK YOU!!!
Great software - what a gift.

1 Like

This is great. I’ll check it out!

wow this is exciting - for the PrimatteAI tool - is this meant to quickly produce draft quality / temp / rough roto or is this used in combination with traditional Primatte tool to accelerate the keying process and get to final key faster? it would be great to see a demo video as well.

thanks for the update!

Thanks for asking. PrimatteAI is the enhanced version of Primatte. With a machine learning technique, the auto setup for green / blue screen is improved. The kernel processing is also re-written from scratch. The new Pixel Adaptive mode is good for yellow and red fg against green screen. The very new Mixer Mode is accepting the externally prepared key for the green / blue screen and process only the compositing with it maintaining the thin blurred fg or thin hair detail. It is a little strange but the Mixer Mode is a function of “Primatte without key generation”. I believe that many flame professionals know the importance of this capability. Cheers!

2 Likes

@hemibola - Please consider connecting with @Jeff and @andymilkis to co-ordinate a masterclass in using your exceptional toolset - we will all learn a great deal - and thank you for making improvements where improvements were almost impossible.

1 Like

This is awesome news. I’ve occasionally jumped on to other software (Nuke or Fusion) from Flame just to utilise Primatte for keying.

1 Like

thanks for the heads up, I have reached out, good timing as i have a keying job currently. Additive keying is my friend of late but always looking for alt solutions

1 Like

The combination of additive keying for fine detail and Primatte for the main key works really well when I’ve used it. The only reason I don’t use it more often is I can’t be bothered with the roundtrip of Flame to Fusion Studio/Nuke and back again.

1 Like

I’ve also heard that additive keying works particularly well for thin, fine details. The only complaint is that it doesn’t provide a matte output, which could be useful for further tweaking in the workflow. PrimatteAI, however, outputs both the processed foreground and the matte simultaneously. It also accepts externally generated mattes in Mixer Mode. While the machine learning aspect of PrimatteAI is suitable for simple tasks, most of its features are designed for composite professionals.
Thank you!

4 Likes

Hi everyone,
I just got a message from Photron U.S.A. saying they’ve been hit with an avalanche of requests and are working through them one by one. Sorry for the delay—it might take a little time to get through all of them.
Thanks for your patience!
Yaz Mishima

4 Likes

I think you did the best possible marketing move for them.

2 Likes

I know its not you and I really appreciate the product , but its amazing how in this day and age I can’t just go and buy a license but have to wait several days for the human factor to read through all the email requests, Its like I am waiting for the dial tone for my AOL to connect up :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Totally agree!

Well, photron.com is a hardware company essentially. So they probably don’t even have a back end for software downloads. And obviousy they did not expect this much interest.