RIP Ivar Beer

I just saw on Logik FB that our dear friend Ivar passed away. I’m speechless…devastated. His memory will forever be a blessing. :cry::broken_heart::fire:

14 Likes

I’m sad. He has a huge heart and our world is better because of him.

4 Likes

Such sad news, his passion touched all of our work, as you say @andymilkis his memory will
live on through the flame community.

4 Likes

I’ve started a GoFundMe memorial for Ivar :sleepy: :broken_heart: :fire:

11 Likes

:broken_heart: We will miss you, brother

What happened?!? Heartbroken :broken_heart:

OMG so very sad. Heart broken. RIP Ivar

Ah man, that’s terrible news.

Awful news. I only met the man once, at an NAB dinner in maybe 2008, but he was vibrating with the same enthusiasm that he maintained over the intervening years. I envied it. He clearly loved this stuff.

His contribution to this community is immeasurable. I’ll miss him, his voice, and that vibrating enthusiasm.

1 Like

my goodness, thats awful news. what a great and rare selfless force he was in our community.

This sucks.

What terrible news. Sometimes you don’t realize how important somebody is to a community until their gone. I hope he knew.

1 Like

Totally unfair!!! Rest in peace my friend!!! You will be present in every comp, in every batch, but mainly, in our hearts. IBC never will be the same without you. The spaniards artists, never forget your support to our group. Thanks, thanks and tons of thanks

4 Likes

Fuck man. Sitting here working and spraying Ivar’s shaders all over the place. So utterly heartbreaking and such a loss. 2020 has taken so much… @andy_dill is right—so fucking unfair :pensive:

3 Likes

Heartbreaking. RIP Ivar.

1 Like

Shiiit this is terrible. So unexpected. Such a willing and supportive person. He was always first to lend a hand and help with any problem. Most generous person in the group hands down.

3 Likes

R.I.P. mr Weekend. I would miss your posts((((

1 Like

I am devastated to hear this. Ivar was a blessing to the Flame community. His light burns brightly thanks to the indelible imprint he made, and humanity that he displayed, not least of which is his tireless work on his Logik shaders and those weekend drops. My sympathy to those closer to him than his closeness to this community. I myself am passing a tear. I wish I had met Ivar in person but his online presence was earl and strong enough to realise that magnitude of Ivar’s presence.

2 Likes

I am shocked and saddened by this terrible news. Ivar was such a gift. His kindness and generosity was a breath of fresh air. He was always cheering people on as if he was everyone’s biggest fan, and the first one to offer support or a solution. His contributions and creative energy will live on forever in our work. His memory will always be a blessing. Rest in peace, dear friend.

2 Likes

So sad. Wonderful guy and amazing talent.

1 Like