ShotBOT - iPad app for vfx supervisors

Been using http://www.shotbot.com for several years now as an iPad app for capturing data on set. Highly recommend it!

5 Likes

The company I work for used to have a stock footage service called Shotbot, but it never got to the URL phase (it was 15+ years ago). This thing looks great. Curious to see if they have an iPhone version.

1 Like

ha! look who just signed up (The developer himself!)… paging @toddfreese

2 Likes

Looks interesting. Will check it out.

1 Like

Hey, I’m Todd and the developer of ShotBOT.

Currently there is no iPhone version. I have thought about making an iPhone version but the small screen size is really a challenge. I use an iPad mini on production and find it the perfect size. I am working on a Mac version that will sync with the iPad version which seems like a more usable solution.

4 Likes

Hey Randy!

Yes, I am here and would be happy to answer any questions about ShotBOT.

Cheers,

T

1 Like

We are thinking of getting ShotBOT into the hands of our VFXsups.

Do you know if it’s report is customisable?
Like company logo or reduce the amount of fields that it prints in the report?

Sample report here.

If memory serves me correctly, there may be a Json file export? @toddfreese is this correct?

1 Like

Yes, ShotBOT can export JSON, which retains all database relations, or a CSV flat file. Exports are in app purchases.

I also do contract feature requests if you want something special.

Cheers,

Todd Freese
Developer of ShotBOT

1 Like

That’s great @toddfreese thanks.

Can’t wait to have a play.

When do the lidar cameras come to the iPad pros @randy ?

Since last year

1 Like

Finally got around to using ShotBOT in the field and I love it @toddfreese
Nice work

@randy mentioned a Qtake plug in. What should I be looking for in the in app purchases.
Thanks in advance

Glad you like it! Lots of new features coming soon.

Support for exporting a VES file for use with camerareports.org’s FileMakerPro database ships this week. Just waiting on App Store review.

I am working on adding support for Qtake very soon. Planning on getting this out this month.

Cheers,

Todd

2 Likes

Also, ShotBOT does currently support using a Teradek Cube for getting video into the iPad over Wifi.

T

Hi @toddfreese

Qtake is gonna be a great addditon to this ( yet to use it but I’m planning to)

We use ftrack at mpc for project tracking - will there be any useful intergration to ftrack planned? It’s by no means a deal breaker but would be very useful to us - especially when I try to sell this in to my dept!

1 Like

If enough users want ftrack support, I will add it.

I’ll take a look at their developer API to see what’s possible.

Cheers,

T

1 Like

Amazing thanks @toddfreese