3 Likes

Feel for anyone who is colour blind…

…or works on a lot of Progressive commercials

5 Likes

shotgrid team:
8jrz1t

9 Likes

Such a catchy namei!

I mean, on one hand, saying “shot grid” is less enjoyable than saying “shotgun” due to the double consonant sound and the d at the end, so I can see how there may have been a lingering desire to improve on that. As to whether or not “Flow” is better…

So we’ll all just keep calling it shotgun, and some day in the far future no one will know why it’s called that, it will just be a random nickname that the old folks used.

5 Likes

From what I could tell, its’ “part of” Flow and Flow is a bunch of connected/integrated cloud things of this and that. So the Production Tracking part of it is named “Flow Production Tracking”… super generic naming then?

1 Like

[quote=“andymilkis, post:1, topic:10309”]

I love the icon!

[/quote] Sounds like that time of the month for autodesk...
2 Likes

This is a joke…

1 Like

laughed out loud at this

(from Autodesk Flow | Cloud-based Platform for Media & Entertainment )

1 Like

we can safely add “ai assisted” to “extreme”, “on acid/crack”, “hardcore”, “world class”, “european1”, “balls out”, “game-changing”, “100% CGI”, “award winning”, and all the other empty puff-words that are used when ideas run dry but you still need to impress someone. Or think you are impressing them.

1. this is likely a US-only thing: various products will make claims to using “European technology” and I don’t even think it’s a weird racist thing, just a “shit is nice and fancy in Europe” belief that American’s hold, or at least are told by marketers. All of this to say I mean no offense to Europeans.

2 Likes

The good news, is that after 14 years in beta, ShotgunEventDaemon has finally been released as 1.0!!!

1 Like

Lol… years ago we used to call it ‘sh!tgun/grid’ … apparently now it starts to flow… no more constipated pipelines!

:grimacing:

1 Like

Just like when us old guys refer to Inferno / Fire

1 Like