Tablet Position - what do you prefer?

I’m curious, where do you put your tablet? I was taught to put it in front of the keyboard but over the years, I’ve moved it off to the right side. Feels more open and natural to me.

• Tablet to the side
  • Tablet in front of keyboard

0 voters

The intuos I have in front of the keyboard, as shortcuts are way faster to reach that way. When using the cintiq, the keyboard is at the side, as the tablet needs an angle. But shortcuts are much slower while using it.

1 Like

I depends a bit on how often you type in my mind. If you use keyboard just for short cuts, and no other productivity then center can work fine. Also depends on the tablet size.

I prefer keyboard in front, tablet on the right as I find myself typing frequently, whether it’s naming nodes and files, responding to emails, or looking something up. Over the years I have upgraded to the large Intuos for more precision, which would put the keyboard way forward.

1 Like

Personally, I switched to the side my first year in Flame. My posture is way better, I don’t get aches, etc. And for clients I don’t look like I’m hunched over and being controlled by the machine, rather than the other way around. Think Picard at the helm, not the guy from Office Space with the stapler. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And I simply reprogrammed my most commonly used hotkeys to be best ergonomically in this position. I’ve been traveling with the same evolving hotkeys for years and years…

1 Like

When I first started the 18x12 Wacom was front and center, keyboard off in the right side. As the tablets shrank over the years there came a point where the keyboard just landed behind the Wacom and there it has remained.

1 Like

In Korea in the past…

When I was learning to work, I used to get scolded by my boss for not being stylish if I worked with my tablet next to me. :shushing_face:

1 Like

Most of those shops are in a particular neighborhood in Seoul - so I guess you were rockin Gangnam style.

1 Like

To the side, a lot less aches

1 Like