Talkin' Timewarps

awesome work!!! results are infinitely better

There’s a beta of 0.4.0 with perhaps even more interesting AI model:

2 Likes

Timewarp cleanup - paint less frames.

I’m working on a wire removal shot, painting clean frames and using a Flame Motion Estimation Timewarp to rebuild the sequence over the wires.

Is there a way to add in extra information to the Motion analysis nose for a better analysis?

I’ve tried painting in coloured lines on some of the details that are getting lost between frames but these don’t seem to help the analysis at all - I was sure there used to be a way of doing this before.

I don’t have access to ML Timewarps, Resolve, Twixtor, Kronos etc…

1 Like

There is a wire removal matchbox that is fantastic. Worth looking at. Might help you with the motion analysis trick or just fix the plate. Worth looking at.

Good luck with the shot.

1 Like

Folding cloth spinning in 3d with a few ropes in front - love wire remove but doesn’t work for this one…

Sometimes I’ll crop an image to make the vectors focus more. I can’t say for certain how well it works, though it does often help with CPU overhead.

That shot sounds brutal.

2 Likes

Yikes! Does the cloth look like it is boiling :wink: ?

Hand paint with a little help from your friend the Average node?

1 Like

I’m going for a planar stabilise, paint selected frames, retime with motion estimation, un-stabilise workflow.

Motion estimation is fine and massively improved when I paint a constant dark colour into the BG area to give it a decent idea of the edge line, but on some sections I’m having to paint every other frame of each planar section to make it work - 10 sec shot.

So just wondered if I can hack the motion estimation TW with guide lines to define various features (zips/ /belts / buttons etc). We used to be able to use a brush in motion analysis to guide motion warping but that was years ago. Just wondered if anyone had any tips?

Also tried the mesh deform in mocha 2021 but it gets thrown by the moving shadows :frowning:

1 Like

Congratulations! This thread has reached 1,000 views!

I don’t know who I’m congratulating, but, it’s funny how something so simple requires so much work. I dreamt about writing an anonymous open letter to editors and it’d be a combination of rick rolling them and sending them to this thread.

3 Likes

It would be interesting to see what it would look like if you did a regular timewarp to 200% (throwing out every other frame) then an ML TW at 68.6%

1 Like