What does Nuke have that Flame does not?

Some new items to add to the list:

3 Likes

The Cattery is a notable addition that may be useful. Expanding the access to ML models to use.

Will be interesting to hear others thought’s on the new 3D engine/model and how that shifts the board across the landscape.

1 Like

New 3d system if definitely relevant in more complex pipelines. That’s USD’s intent anyway. It definitely has more features than a regular compositor will use on a regular day (even in a complex pipeline). I welcome it, but also also wonder, why other more everyday-comp relevant features have been left behind… for years now.

2 Likes

https://pixelmania.se/products/

3 Likes

That’s dope. Way to go Sverige :sweden:

These and more now in Nuke, here:

2 Likes

Does anyone still use Keylight in Flame?
We still have a license and I agree it’s a far superior green / blue screen keyer than any of the native options, works exceptionally well with reflections on glass, even better than the IBK matchbox IMO.

omfg thats so dope

Was this the same thing as “TransKey” back in the day? or was that something else?

1 Like

I think trans key is only in the legacy gmask, but edit tracking keyframes in the tracer this seems to me to serve the same function!

1 Like

I put in a feature request about a year ago for machine learning to learn, please up vote it the only way that the flame dev team really focus’s on it if we get the hive to lean in about that feature. Welcome to our Feedback Community

FI-02518

1 Like

@BrittCiampa, thanks for this one. I’ve been using it like it’s going out of style for the past couple of days now.

2 Likes

A floating license server.

2 Likes

Flame certainly has a floating license server, for at least a decade now. But very unlikely too in the near future with the forced move to Named User.

Anyone know of a tutorial on how to use this feature?

Just turn on that toggle under vertices, you’ll note the color of the spline goes to blue, change to your heart’s desire, it’ll adopt that change throughout. It’s keyframable, but it’ll interpolate between just the key frames set under the edit tracking keyframes.

2 Likes

How can I forget

• Node local undo

Try get one as a new customer.

It’s like inception referring to a Reddit that refers to this thread. However, this last comment seems pertinent in that the poster decries flame as dead. I’m not getting all hot blooded about it though. I am pondering. Here for too, to ponder if you will:

3 Likes

Dont Freak Out Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon