AI image/video generation is accelerating like mad

1 Like

And:

https://twitter.com/bleedingedgeai/status/1621594463218040832/mediaviewer

These news items are just from the last few days.

1 Like

In a few years you will tell Siri, “I want to watch a 2 hour space adventure taking place on Jupiter with the theme of human evolution” and it will make one for you in real-time. Conversely all advertising will be generated based on he mind model google already has of you.

2 Likes

I picked the wrong year to give up meth.

4 Likes

…written by Tarantino and starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tom Cruise and Pamela Anderson…also Peter Dinklage, Scarlett Johanson and a dog named Lucky. With a side plot of buried pirate treasure and the french revolution…and the Ghostbusters…the originals… with a sound track by Pink Floyd and Bon Jovi.

Man… a depressing thought. So devoid of artistry, but also community. For creative media to be so “bespoke” that is undeniably just an overly-individualized consumable (a trend that has been accelerating since the advent of social media, but truly getting ready to kick into overdrive), something to be gobbled and perhaps leave a bit of indigestion, but you’re full at least and the next day you wake up and do it again after a hard days work. I wish the AI would just be trained for smart spill suppression and keying. That’s the drudgery. The artistic expression, that’s the joy, when you can find it. But it seems to me the people coming up with this shit are just seeking new ways to kill the joy of creation so it can be replaced with eating our own vomit. This stuff is dumb to me. Worthless in terms of art, lucrative in terms of, well, money. Let them eat vomit.

3 Likes

I hate AI so much.

It’s the Quentin Tarantino of content generation, “here is a knock off/remake of something you weren’t aware of, so now you think I’m cool for inventing it.”

De-aging is such a fucked concept, it’s maximum nostalgia. Stuffing more money into the pockets of already rich and famous people, subtly insinuating a new world cannot be better, new things cannot be better.

The Butlerian Jihad cannot come soon enough.

9 Likes

This ^^

2 Likes

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

4 Likes

[quote=“…"the tech firm claims its new Metaphysic Live tool can be used to create “high-resolution photorealistic faceswaps and de-aging effects on top of actors’ performances live and in real time without the need for further compositing or VFX work”

Yeah, sure.

2 Likes

Just read their “ethics” statement.
Nicely executed word salad of psyco babble.

1 Like

Probably had an AI write it.

1 Like

Would not be surprised if they’re mostly traditional and using the AI pitch to drum up some investor cash.

Reminds me of when my old shop was very into VR right before they were purchased, and when the VP of the parent company showed up to give a speech it was all “VR, VR, VR…”