BigSur copy/paste?

Noticed after upgrade to Big Sur I can now copy/paste btw devices? So copy link from phone and paste into browser on desktop or iPad?
Weird but pretty helpful.

3 Likes

I was always intrigued why OS and Win didn’t push this copy-paste to a more creative frontiers without using bulky plugins. Good to know that this trick works in Big Sur, can’t wait to update to that system

I always wanted a copy and paste that worked on your pen. So you could copy on Flame1 and then walk over to Flame2 and paste it in there.

1 Like

How do you do it?

1 Like

The feature is called Universal Clipboard. Pretty cool.

1 Like

This, like many Apple walled garden features, is awesome when it works but in my experience is often flakey. I’m currently running Big Sur on my laptop and Catalina on my flame and it doesn’t work. Version differences seem to throw it off, which isn’t terribly surprising.

It’s possible that it will come back if I power cycle my iCloud account, but who has that kind of time? Just saying, enjoy it, but have a fallback plan.

(Though it’s twice as delightful for me when it does work, so maybe that’s the play? Intermittent reinforcement?)

1 Like

Working for me, but, I’ve made the plunge on all of my production devices to Big Sur.

1 Like