Disable Effects Tab

Hi all - does anyone know if there’s a way to disable the effects tab? Like a hidden pref somewhere that can hide it?

I’m thinking like hide batch iterations…

Why? I never use it and it irritates me when I double tap a batch fx and I end up in effects tab.

3 Likes

Hi John,

The Effects tab (or what I call Effects Environment) is a fundamental part of the Flame workflow to perform effects work etc in the timeline. Unfortunately it is not something that you can just turn off like a preference.

If there are issues with the focusing when double-clicking on the segments, please report it to Autodesk Support so we can investigate it to make it work better for you.

Thanks
Grant

1 Like

Thanks grant. I thought there might not be a way but I had to ask. It’s really getting on my tit end. I can see a use for it perhaps in long form but not for commercials.

At least not for me.

I try to do as little on the timeline as possible these days because it’s very unstable (.volatile corruptions) and fx on the timeline tends to slowdown the whole machine when a project grows larger.

Hi John,

That’s the great thing about Flame, everyone works in the way that suits them :slight_smile:

I think to your point, the bigger issue for you is the timeline issues you have been encountering. This is the stuff you need to get logged and investigated.

Any maybe, just maybe, one day I’ll get you to work in the timeline :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks
Grant

I used to work a lot in the timeline on smoke 6.

I have found that if I hit it by mistake it can take 5 mins to get into. Very frustrating.
It must be a first time initializing thing @johnt

+1 I’d vote to put it on the right side of Batch or Tools tab

I find the effects tab useful for some things, but I don’t think it was a good idea to put it between Batch and Timeline

3 Likes

Hi @La_Flame

This is this is the thing I meant. I managed to get rid of it but forgotten how I did it. Now it’s back. It’s not something I need and it just gets in my way.

Can you remind me of the hot key to get rid? Please?

John

Hi John,

If your finger is hovering over the area I think it is, that is the Storyboard Reel. Click the “options” pull down menu to the right of the play controls and choose to Hide the Storyboard Reel.

I can’t remember the hotkey off the top of my head but it might be indicated next to the option or look in the keyboard shortcuts editor.

Hope this helps
Grant

2 Likes

Sweet blessed relief @La_Flame - thank you.

1 Like

agreed.

Alt + F1

1 Like

Thank you so much Grant! This has bugged me forever, but I’ve always been too lazy to find out how to turn it off.

1 Like