Dolby atmos listening

wasnt very high end, we where all in college studying media engineering and everyone was working on something, I mostly did the music videos but also did make some techno tracks so I could dj in clubs and then ended up just beign that guy to hit record in the studio and maybe produce a hiphop beat once in a while.

This was like in my early 20s, fun times, learned a lot :slight_smile:

https://ra.co/dj/highterkite/biography

but yes thats basically where all my Audio knowledge comes from, this and I used to be a (very bad) drummer in a teenage rock band :rofl:

2 Likes

I would suggest two things - measure the room with Sound ID Reference. It creates a room profile and then you load that as the last plugin on your output bus. It should handle any uneven response and the delay. They supposedly also have a virtual output device that you can just insert into your OS sound path instead of as plugin, if that works better. But havenā€™t tried that. The plugin is VST3, so it should work in Flame.

The SPL calibration is separate from that, just use an SPL meter with pink noise and go speaker by speaker for your target level.

Iā€™ve just recalibrated my room that way recently for both stereo reference and the 5.1 setup.

1 Like

cool beans cheers!

Here are two videos that showcase Sound ID Reference. Itā€™s pretty straight forward and a bit more detailed than some other software that does a single sweep.

Works quite well in my experience. And as the first video points out - unless you operate a dedicated sound studio, itā€™s a bit difficult to get the perfect treatment and isolation. Do whatā€™s possible, but then bridge the last mile with calibrated corrective eq. After all the room still has to work for you.