Facebook is dead

Thanks be to Jesus and everything holy for setting up this forum and banning FB to hell. Much appreciated. :grinning:

6 Likes

Especially now theyā€™ve redesigned the layout, looks like a 12 year old designed it!

5 Likes

My guess is that they are targeting 12 year olds. They need future customers!

2 Likes

Just said bye bye to Facebook!

5 Likes

Iā€™m pumped that we have a forum off of FB! Iā€™m ready to be done with it.
I have a question about the old posts on the FB group - is there a way to archive that group, or somehow port the history/text over to here? Reason I ask is, whenever I run into unfamiliar Flame issues, one of the first things I do is search the Logik group for answers, and honestly itā€™s led me to a lot of solutions. Seems like a tedious and cumbersome task to save the history, but maybe this has already been discussed, and wanted to hear your thoughts?
Either way, very excited this is up and running!

5 Likes

Right so how do I do the whole delete thing? It looks tricky. I want to keep Instagram. I like Instagram.

1 Like

Yay @rmmoorer! Nice.

So, about the old Facebook posts. Iā€™ve thought about this a lot, and here is the conclusion that Iā€™ve come to.

First, is it possible? Well, technically it is possible. It used to be relatively easy but recently Facebook has been tightening itsā€¦ummā€¦gripā€¦on those kinds of things and has, from what I can tell, closed down their APIs quite a bit. After all they donā€™t want you to leave. They want you to be addicted so they can track and auction off ad impressions to you to the highest bidder.

Second. Is it legal? Last time I checked, maybe 60 days ago or so, it was potentially against Facebook terms and conditions to export/extract user/group data. And, well, even if it is legal but it just feels wrong. If I knew back in 2013 that something I posted would eventually be harvested and repurposed into another platform, well, thatā€™d make me feel icky. And Iā€™d want someone to at least have the decently to ask me permission. Thatā€™s not my data to extract. Thatā€™s not my Facebook data. Thatā€™s yours. And you should be able to control if itā€™s there or not. If the Zombies were attacking and our only hope was to move Facebook Logik over to forum.logik.tv, then you bet your bum Iā€™d be all over that. But they arenā€™t. So Iā€™m not.

Third. A new platform gives us all a chance to start over. Want to use your real name? Awesome. Want to use something that gives you anonymity? Awesome. I know itā€™s scary, but every once in a while starting over is good for some things. It might not be for this, but at least weā€™ll find out together. Without being tracked or served ads or supporting a platform that ignores the harm that it is enabling.

Hope this helps. And thanks for being here.

7 Likes

I followed this. And afterwords, you really need to clear all of your cookies and browser caches from all of your devices. If you donā€™t, they can still track you. And do not sign in after you do this or Facebook will undo your Delete!

2 Likes

I think i might just do it. Sounds like you get 30 days to reactivate anyhow!

2 Likes

Also, forgot to mention @mentions. A powerful part of this platform is the ability to mention people and groups.

For example, we have some @FriendsFromAutodesk friends here. Obviously this isnā€™t an official Autodesk site, so the Autodesk friends that are here are here on their own time and are here because they care and love to help us. We also have some @FriendsFromCinesys friends here. @FriendsFromCinesys is a sponsor of Logik Live and has long been supporting Flame Artists as a reseller since 1997. We also have some @FriendsFromBorisFX friend here. They are a long time supporter of Logik and our community and donate prizes all the time. They make Sapphire, Silhouette, Mocha, Continuum, and more. We also have some @AJAFriends friends here. They are also a long time supporter of our community and sponsor One Frame of White with prizes.

We are nearing 500 members from all over the world. From my failing memory, Australia, UK, Sweden, Denmark, Canada, United States, Mexico, South Africa, India, Singapore, Brazil, Argentina, Ukraine, New Zealand, Spain, Portugal.

Over the passed 40 days or so, weā€™ve averaged Topic Response Times of under an hour, which isnā€™t bad at all.

I am sad too to say good bye to Facebook Logik. Iā€™ve spent the better part of my free time over the last 8 years scrolling through and keeping an eye out on things there, logging in from all sorts of weird parts of the world and even weirder parts of my home. But hopefully this gives us all a bit of confidence that when we need help we can get it.

1 Like

Well. Iā€™ve taken the plunge. Facebook is no more for me!

4 Likes

High five Jon. Just donā€™t log in.

Just ask all the questions again. Itā€™ll be a fun test to see if the community remembers or has a better answer now. Haha.

3 Likes

says the guy that wants to ā€œplatinum the board.ā€ ha!

2 Likes

Itā€™s a liberating feeling!

1 Like

I left facebook in 2014.
Long live Logik.tv

I left facebook before friendster

3 Likes

I did the same, left FB, yeh itā€™s a gd thing but they try and make it difficult.
Check out ā€œThe Social Dilemmaā€ on Netflix shows where all these platforms are at.
Congrats Jon!

1 Like

welcome my friend!

1 Like

Hey Quinn, great to be here, thanks for reaching out.
I just finished my first on-set COVID shoot for 5 days, gruelling and interesting.
I hope all is good with you and the family, stay in touch.
Cheers
g

1 Like