Facebook is dead

Was the shoot in LA? What’s the latest on the testing protocols?

Yeh LA, we had to do COVID test each day, they had a mobile unit that gets the results really quickly and then its masks all day.
I have such a healthy respect for doctors and nurses doing the mask thing day in, day out, realized I am a wimp compared to them ))

2 Likes

I finally pulled the plug on Facebook. The only reason I was there was for Logik. But I felt like now was as good a time as any. I do hope to stay in touch with as many peeps on here, and I l’ll do my best to make this forum as vibrant as possible.

6 Likes

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Hi Randy,

I know there has been some discussion about getting off Facebook completely. And I’m trying to get in the habit of coming here first. But if I do a search on this site, let’s say the word ‘projectors’. I get 2 results which sends me back to Facebook because if I do the same search there I get pages of results. Am i missing something?

Thanks,
Shauna

1 Like

Hi Shauna. I’m not sure what you are experiencing, and I cannot recreate what you are seeing. When I click in the Search bar or Magnifying glass and search for projectors, or anything, I’m only returning results on this site. The fact that you are being sent to Facebook seems like something on your end, perhaps at the browser level. This site has absolutely zero connection to Facebook so as of right now I don’t have a solution for you.

I’d double check things on your end, reset browser cache, possibly restart your machine or try a different device.

Hey Randy,

You answered my question. I wasn’t being sent to Facebook. I was just illustrating a point about history. If I want to find a question that has already been answered I have to go back to Facebook because the new site doesn’t have that history. Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Shauna

1 Like

Ah. Thanks for clarifying.

So yes, we are necessarily starting over. Whilst in the short term it is an inconvenience, we have a solid foundation from which to build. In only a short amount of time, less than 60 days, we’ve attracted over 700 users that have posted 1,500 times, amassing close to 100,000 page views, with an average time to response of under an hour.

Our community has done this before, 8 years ago or so, when the original Flame-News was determined to be an obsolete platform. The founders of Facebook Logik have been involved this new discussion and transition and are fully in support of our new home. In the past 30 days alone, traffic on Facebook Logik has dropped over 40%. We also have the support of those that were instrumental in the creation of the original Flame-News in the late 90’s.

Facebook is a platform that is designed to provide disposable content that requires frequent check ins such that they can mine your data and sell it to the highest bidder. I won’t even get into the harm its causing in regards to global misinformation.

I’m asking the community to come here to search and seek solutions in order to build the content we need to ensure the security and longevity of the Legacy of Logik.

Thanks for considering.

4 Likes

I get it, really. I was just curious if the content from their was searchable here and you answered that. I feel over time we will have to go there less and less. Thanks for everything you do for the Flame community!

2 Likes

Totally. My pleasure.

The more we come here and ask those questions, the faster we can do that. :slight_smile:

Now that facebook is dead is Autodesk going to update the link to Logik in the software?

2 Likes

Facebook isn’t really dead. Some have proclaimed but many frequent it.

We won’t remove the link to the Facebook Logik group, but I have added a link to logik.tv in the next release.

16 Likes

Ooh!!! Yay!!!

Thank you Fred, that is very much appreciated.

1 Like

Can anyone on Flame 2021.2 check it out? Is Forum.Logik.tv in the Flame Application ?!?>!!?!?!!>!>>>!>1

Confirmed in 2021.2 in help menu inside app.

4 Likes

Alright shut down the forum. I’m happy. Nothing else to accomplish.

2 Likes

And oh…hey… what happened over on Facebook lately? We got like 25 people to sign up today which is impressive yet still less than half of what @vfxpat managed to sign up to vote for his OFoW.

2 Likes

Haha, Maybe I was a little bit too excited when I posted it on my Instagram!

3 Likes