Feature request? Go to "between keyframes"

I’m pinging here about this to see if this feature already exists in some form that I’m not aware of – and if not, to see if there is interest before submitting a feature request.

We have programmable hotkeys for go to previous keyframe and go to next keyframe. What I think would be very helpful is a “go to between keyframes”. So if you’re rotoing, and have keyframes sparsely set throughout the comp, and need to go in and tighten up between the existing keyframes, it’s a key press to put you right between the previous and next.

This would be a lot faster than going down to the timebar and trying to manually click exactly between two keyframes (esp. in a long shot with lots of existing keyframes.)

Thoughts?

4 Likes

Sry for being contraproductive and drifting off topic. But just wondering, if going with the technical middle actually is faster and more accurate than manually shuffling to the apex of the movement, as that one typically is not in the exact middle inbetween. Never tried it.

4 Likes

@GPM , I like this idea.

1 Like

Agreed. I follow the start and stop of new motion/ changes in direction when doing roto and then go back and fill in my keyframed shapes more precisely where needed. But I don’t think about any precise numerical bisection between those key frames when I then go back and fill in intermediary keyframes (I’m really repeating the same process again to fill those in but on a smaller and more precise scale with each pass). But I am by no means a roto God, and to each their own. I just am not sure I would use this function much.

1 Like