Flame pulls in massive tail handles on pattern browsed renders from nuke

Title says it all. My shot is about 54 frames but flame think it’s 146982 frames when using pattern browsing. Would be nice to just keep it at 54….

This has happened to me before when using OpenClips directly from Flame and the timecode has changed.

Is there a version in your clip that had a different time code maybe :thinking: or is it just a single version?

1 Like

Clip metadata and or time code has changed.

1 Like

So classical and painful.
Looking forward to have a day the openclip offset based on frame number rather than timecode.
F

2 Likes

There’s an option to “Align to Zero” which ought to bring the new range in line with the previous version.

1 Like

Unfortunately, we always start with 10fr handle at start and reduce it for just a couple closer we are of the deadline.
:wink:
Frame Number !!!

2 Likes

hey @kyleobley - sorry for the unforgivably late reply to this. Was not aware of the align to zero functionality and it works nicely in mediaHub when i pull in a new PB clip so it doesn’t have the awful amount of head/tail trim but it doesn’t help much (that i could find) with existing PB clips in my timeline. sometimes a shot will change hands during the project (schedule? what schedule?!?!) a new element, DMP, blah blah blah is introduced into the nuke script and presto! 187K frames of head on my shot. :slight_smile: @Slabrie is there a way we can introduce this feature at the timeline level? Either way this is certainly helpful Kyle, so thanks. but it’s not nearly as helpful as you dragging yourself across the pond again so we can get some drinks.

1 Like

@TimC I’m always down for a tipple or two…hopefully I find myself your way sooner than later or vice versa.

1 Like