It's very late and I'm asking you to stop trying to push graphic design boundaries

Dear graphic designer,

You’ve now sent me five of the same graphic and they’re all wrong. Extreme Reach’s exceedingly tolerant thresholds have been breached and your work has been rejected multiple times. Various elements have moved around, but none have moved to the correct position which is inside of that wickedly accommodating 93% rectangle.

And look, I get it, you are a designer. You have strong feelings about how type should display, and I’m not going to say you are wrong about that. However, manifesting those feelings on a television advertisement is painting Guernica on the inside of a hamburger wrapper.

I just want to go to bed. Put all your type in a tiny 4x3 80% safe box because no one cares. No one will remember any of our efforts in a month. You won’t be able to even FIND your work online in two months. Use all of that time both of us saved to do something for yourself.

Love,

• Andy
6 Likes

Amen, Bro. I feel your pain.

2 Likes

Fuck em. Just move it.

2 Likes

this may or may not have been what ultimately happened. It’s just at the beginning when someone says, “yeah, we’ll fix it” you sit back and think, “cool, it’s handled” and its only after making a salty post on a forum that you get to the point where you know it’s never going to be right.

2 Likes

It’s a metaphysical truth that fixing it yourself is often the only way to ensure that an element will finally be provided correctly.

Usually the following day.

3 Likes

…and that you will be required to rev even though your fix is actually better than what was provided… just because.

3 Likes

As I live and breathe, I just got bitten by this.

2 Likes

It’s like the Ring!

2 Likes

… and it happens all around the world!

1 Like