Lights reflections in glasses

Got some lovey shots to clean up where production lights are reflecting in normal glasses. Of course he’s moving around all over and blinking. Does anybody have an any nifty tricks to remove them? The client doesn’t want to accept killing the highlights and taking the color out. Obviously they also have no money left at this stage!

1 Like

Brute force via motion vectors.

2 Likes

And try Machine Learning Fluid morphs for in between.

1 Like

I’ve helped minimize them by stabilizing the glasses, averaging, then adding the motion back in. maybe retouching in a blink here and there. It’s ok for talking heads, maybe not so much for shots with more motion.

1 Like

Also, once the eyes are stabilized, you can use tricks like this one: Batch Frame Fix/ Fluid Morph set up - #24 by ihatebrianwilliams

1 Like

Thanks. Will this work on 2019?

I don’t know. I didn’t make it. The trick is, however, to take a clean frame before the offending lights, a clean frame after and do a motion interpolated TW between them. With the glasses stabilized, this should, if all goes well, be fairly seamless.

1 Like

Would this also work for those same reflections on device screens?

1 Like

Haha. Umm…maybe? (ducks)

You mean like someone shot something with an ugly reflection on a device and you need to remove an unsightly piece of it for a little bit? Yeah, that could work. My first thought was, though, that 95% of a time where there is something wrong with the lighting on a device, you may as well replace the whole darn thing so you can own the whole darn thing. In that case, I’d turn to reflection maps for quick and dirty or IBLs if I was gonna be in there for a few days. Either way, you’re spending the time (and then some!) to redo what they should have done on the day.

2 Likes