Lin to Log - the perfect round trip

I was kind of thinking ahead of Netflix type situations. They have lots of insidious hoops to jump through and often fail things on grain being wrong for instance.

For a commercial though, it’s nice to put the Spurs on.

1 Like

So, like, when you’re working on a TV series no one will remember in three months? :stuck_out_tongue:

The end product of our work is compromised in every way, from rushed writing and production down to the compression that gets applied when it’s “transmitted”, so it’s not worth caring about rounding discrepancies that aren’t visually significant.

Computers make us think we can attain perfection, and I don’t pray to that false god. I worship the sloppy god, the barely good enough god, the one who is nameless because they moved onto something else before anyone could apply a name.

3 Likes

For all that I agree with you, there are people paid to scrutinize to the nth degree and react obtusely to slight errors which really make your viewpoint quite untenable. This also goes for other versioning companies in the advertising world. It’s quite weary.

2 Likes