Mac studio. Bloody hell. Amazing

Do it Majush, you know you want to!

I would so like to just sink my teeth into Houdini and learn it, but I hardly have time to keep up to date with all the improvements in Flame so Houdini is just a pipe dream. A really frigging cool pipe dream nonetheless…

Is it actually that expensive? Not sure about North America but if you spec’d up a similarly powered threadripper pro system in Australia it would be similar money to the Mac Studio, but not for an OEM system which would cost more than the Apple. It’s not cheap but I definitely don’t think it is expensive either.

Still waiting for @Jonhollis to give us some feedback on the new machine…

3 Likes

It arrives tomorrow!

9 Likes

Still waiting for ours… No actual delivery date yet either, annoyingly.

how is it?! how is it?!

Only just arrived. So far on resolve and cinema 4 d it’s lightning fast. Bigger and heavier than I thought. But not in the big scheme of things. So far it’s a winner. I’m installing flame now.

11 Likes

which one did you get? Exited to see benchmarks! also blender has a metal renderer now!

5 Likes

4 Likes

Ours has arrived but our Uni computing department are installing our network layers on it and not sure how long it’s going to take to reach our department. Been over a week now! We got the 48 core but with a really nice HE discount I wish we’d gone for the 64 core to add a bit more lifespan. So close, yet so far!

Cheers
Tony

niice!

waiting in front of the screen :smiley:

8 Likes

Only resolve at the moment as flame won’t talk to the black magic ultrastudio.

3 Likes

Nice! What monitor are you using as your computer display?

1 Like

That’s the apple XDR.

3 Likes

What I love is the quality of the screen. Also the crazy expensive adjustable stand is brilliant. I use a standing desk so I need to adjust the screen height differently when I’m standing to when it’s in the sitting position.

1 Like

Waiting for the 2020 4K bencmark times…