Mounting Removable Drive - Linux

Is there a way to mount a removable drive and see it in Flame without having to quit the software first, plugging in the drive then running Flame again?

I think there are certain newer drives that linux machines just won’t read. Aside from that, I usually open up the Centos version of file manager (Dolphin??) and make sure I can see the contents if it doesn’t pop right up in flame after a refresh. I think a lot of the ability to see it immediately without any dicking around may have to do with the file system on the drive, but I’m just sort of guessing.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I’ll give this a whirl on Monday

What i do is if i have flame running and plug in a USB drive i open up a file manager on the drive. Thatautomatically mounts the drive in the top level in Flame. it usually has a compliocated long string of numbers name.
BUT i dont know how to unmount it easily without quiting flame. well it gets you half way at least!

Thanks for all the tips. I can now mount a drive while Flame is running but can’t unmount, it says the drive is in use. Even if I come out of Media Hub the software is holding on to it.

Thanks for the tip. I was using the drop down that appears top right and getting the error when unmounting, I’ll try the Dolphin method next time I’m in (covid permitting)