Multi channel EXR's

Not sure if this is a bug, feature, or something I don’t know.
When I export a multi-channel EXR with several channels of mattes, all named, when the EXR is read back in , (In Flame or Nuke), the names are stripped out.
How do i prevent this?
Flame 2021.3.1, exporting from Batch.

2 Likes

upgrade to 2023.3

2 Likes

Sorry, my Bad, I’m on 2022.3.1.

Solution is still the same.

1 Like

Paul, what prevents you to move your production environment to 2023.3 or better 2024? The 2023.2 Update released last summer contains many Multi-Channel improvements that you need.

1 Like

Hi Stephane, hoping to upgrade to 2023 soon, but not 2024 due to the lack of support for sparks.
We use Keylight a lot for green / bluescreens and sadly nothing else comes close.

You can use keylight in flame?

1 Like

Yes. However, you haven’t been able to buy it for Flame for many years, but we still have it.
I use it a lot, its far superior to anything else for preserving reflections, for example on car comps.

Literally had no idea you could do this. Keylight is great but i presume i wouldnt be able to geta. licence anymore?

I doubt it, we bought it from the Foundry back when they did sparks, so that would be pre-Nuke days.

Hey Paul,
I was at nab, and talked to the digital anarchy guys. They didn’t know that flame had adopted OFX. It might be worth it to hit up the key light folks. Whom ever that is, and see if they will work on OFX. I bet you could even sweet talk Andy into doing a Logik live on it, if they make the plug-in!

1 Like

So you’re saying, these guys didn’t know that Flame has had OFX capability for what 3-4 years now, and yet it might be one of their biggest potential markets? I’d say any software vendor that is so uninformed would also so so incompetent, what relevant software would you trust them to make? Their website is downright horrifying from 1998.

1 Like

Correct, it came up in conversation, when they looked at my badge. They said they use to develop for sparks, but stopped a long time ago. They concentrated on after effects, and more recently (I can’t recall how recent, a couple years? don’t quote me). they started OFX on resolve. So I don’t think they were looking at other markets. Good or bad, I can’t speak to that, because I don’t develop software.

out of “i’m going to get myself in trouble” curiosity, who has a really good site that sells plugins?

RevisionFX and BorisFX I think are the only ones that make OFX compatible with Flame.

1 Like

oh, Neat video too

2 Likes

The most important of them all.