One of the better uses of deepfake technology I've seen in a while

Pretty clean too… Anyone we know work on this?

https://youtu.be/uAPUkgeiFVY
Kendrick Lamar - The Heart Part 5

edit: Skip to 1:45 to see it in action. H/T

6 Likes

Apparently the outfit that made this video, Deep Voodoo also made all the Sassy Justice Videos…

Sassy Justice

2 Likes

You can also see that they’ve kept anything from occluding his face or wiping past it (aside from when OJ first turns on). The face occlusions are the poison in the deep fake stuff I’ve seen.

Also the way his hair is graded down around the edges of his face help too…

If you haven’t seen those Sassy Justice episodes, some of the moments are pretty bonkers good from a technical standpoint.

1. Just wow.
  2. We are so fucked.
  3. See 2

I don’t think 2 will hold… Deepfakes/ ML is moving so fast in just a few years it’ll be common in every piece of software we use. So I’m not sure a company like Deep Voodoo will be relevant then still unless they reeeeally stay ahead of the … gradient… :wink: … personally, I’m more ‘worried/ exited’ about Dall-E 2 …

I just saw this…. AMAZING!!!

4 Likes

It’s crazy, though deepfake mapping gets better and better, there’s still something a touch “uncanny valley” about them. Skin, eye reflections maybe? Ask me again in a couple years when it’s scary good.

1 Like

I guess I wasn’t really speaking of the tech. I was speaking of the effect on society. Can we ever believe what we are seeing anymore?

1 Like

We’ve been manipulated in many ways already forever… :slight_smile: … but yeah… this and machine learning in general will have a huge impact on society… a couple of years back at siggraph I listened to, I think it was, Kodak working on some block-chain tech to authenticate video… something like that could help…

1 Like

We have been doing some DF work and it is insanely gratifying and difficult at the same time, super resource hungry as well, very much a black art so nothing you will end up having in your machine anytime soon.

If you need advanced face replacements, face puppeteering, audio puppeteering or any other AI-based technologies, please DM directly, we are open to collaborating with nice people on great projects.

2 Likes

Hey Eric, im involved in both of this projects shared here, each with its own challenges (technically and or data related) but both done with Flame workflow i shared on the post below, at least for the Render generation part:

For some reason i missed your post last year…

4 Likes