PSA: 2025.1 Super bug thats fixed in 2025.1.1

We had a massive issue here with 2025.1 where if you copy segements between timelines of different resolution the resolution would totally error out and render broken frames on output super bad.

I would really urge you to upgrade to the 2025.1.1 release, this bug is not part of the changelog, we where about to start a support case until we tried the latest version and we can replicate the issue everytime on 2025.1 but we cant get the bug to appear on 2025.1.1

we spent quiet a bit of time hunting this down, as it was really putting sweat on everyone as rendering out was a gamble … glad its fixed…

@hildebrandtbernd was the one that found it, and replicated it so adding him for visibillity

12 Likes

This bug has been the bane of my existence, so I feel you!

3 Likes

sadly it does not fix the long standing importing of xmls - broken actions everywhere bug :confused:

I cna get 1 click conforms of hundrets of xmls if this bug wasnt a thing… i have nailed down the proxy and premiere workflow to make this happen its all solid.

just the flame bug requiring us to redo all scales/transforms for every timeline …

1 Like

I don’t want to be a downer, but I wouldn’t be 100% sure the defect you are describing is fixed. From experience, there might be one small variable that was not the same between 2025.1 and 2025.1.1 in your test and that small difference didn’t trigger the defect.

That being said, it is also possible the problem was fixed “by accident” when we fixed something else, but nothing in the fixed defects list of 2025.1.1 makes us think so.

3 Likes

yes the main defect isnt fixed, but one of the things we had where it would just die instately when copy pasting segments across, that we can repeately say got fixed even if it was on accident :smiley:

We did a whole video showing the defect and how to reproduce it on multiple machines. we put some work into this to make sure its a reproduceable bug.

Then we switched to 2025.1.1 and we cant reproduce that particular behaviour

1 Like