PSA = Inactive users with 8bit Status / Trust Level 0 will be deactivated after 365 days

Dearest Logik Lovelies,

I have configured all users with Trust Level 0 with zero posts to deactivate after 365 days. Essentially, if you don’t spend 10 minutes reading 30 posts across 5 topics within a year of registration, your account will be deactivated.

If you are 10bit / Trust Level 1 or higher, then your account will continue to remain active regardless of your activity levels.

If you would like a refresher on our Trust Level System, check out details here:

Thanks so much. Any questions, please shout.

2 Likes

oh, you’re really putting the pressure on!

3 Likes

Perhaps we should refer to that level of user as NTSC.

5 Likes

/makes thirty posts across five topics in a panic.

3 Likes

This is because I didn’t join in the Cake Day thing isn’t it?

Happy Cake day and all a good night!

4 Likes

it’s all cakeday backlash

2 Likes

must remember cake day
must remember cake day
must remember cake day
🤦

3 Likes

Hahaha. Nah, not at all a backlash thing. But that is totally something I’d do so you know me better than I thought. :slight_smile:

The main impetus is with global security at heart. After half of Oak Park, Illinois signed up to vote for One Frame of White contestants last year, which, I fully appreciate, love, celebrate, respect, and would totally do myself, I had to find a way to gently prune several hundred inactive users to minimize the global digital footprint of idle accounts and login credentials for an account that certain people would never revisit and possibly used recycled credentials.

My only agenda is to be a decent digital steward on behalf of the community. And to talk shit about @Kirk.

3 Likes

There’s a huge Flame community in Oak Park, though? What do you think they use to comp all of those “put green space over I-290” visualizations, iMovie?

1 Like

Oak Park is the Silicon Valley of Flame. And where a few dozen of @vfxpat 's Instagram followers reside.

1 Like

Trust level 0 ? That sounds like my wife !!

2 Likes

Nah she’s takin’ over the joint and promoting everybody but you to 32bit!

I guess I lost 1 bit per year . This October will be 32 years anniversary :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Posting so Randy doesn’t slice my tires. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I thought about you and a couple other notable community members who have accounts here but don’t post often, and of the ones I could think to check he’d already set you all to 12-bit or w/e. No one’s purging you, buddy!

Oh man. Gotta do better…

3 Likes

Ah your 10bit. You safe. :slight_smile:

I guess you need quantum computing for my rank

2 Likes