Renee Tymn's "Object Obliterator

Is there a link to Renee Tymn’s “Object Obliterator”?

Built it for a project today. Quite easy to implement. I’ll share the setup tomorrow if someone doesn’t beat me to it…

2 Likes

2 Likes

It’s in the Logik Portal now.

3 Likes

how do i get to the portal?

1 Like

You might need to add the python script:

1 Like

my flame has no internet connection :frowning:

1 Like

No worries. Did that little schematic make sense :arrow_double_up: ?

Cut a hole using a matte. blur both the cut out and the matte. Then divide to expand.

1 Like

ill give it a try.
Thanks very much.

Suuuure - give her all the credit :wink:

3 Likes

Very nice technique,
I just use it for a wire removal job and did a great job, especially with blurred out wire!
@digitalbanshee Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Yes - wire removal is a great use for it! I wonder how it compares with the LS_Wireless Matchbox in your case?

Just to be clear, that divide is not the last step. Take the divide as the front, use the original matte, and comp it over your plate.

4 Likes

that is exactly what I have done.
now I get it.
Thanks again.

1 Like

ah… good old dust-busting days. this was the go-to technique.

This is an awesome technique, Thanks for sharing

@digitalbanshee

Thank you so much for object obliterator. I just used it on a shot and has worked a treat. Looking forward to your logik demo on cleanups.

1 Like

I had a shot with a wire to remove that was i bit tricky because it was blurred out and in the movement it crossed vertical lines in the background. With the Matchbox i could not get it quite right, i was still seeing the wire "passing"on the vertical lines. To kind of solve it i had to blur out a larger portion of the background. With the Obliterator technique i got a slight better result in less time and with out the need to blur the background too much.

1 Like

Used this for a couple of comps today.

One was a wire removal and it worked great, the other was a full on Object Obliteration! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Love it!! Isn’t it so satisfying?! Love geeking out about this with you all :heart::heart::nerd_face::nerd_face:

4 Likes