ShotGrid can not log in on Flame 2022.1

Hi guys, I’m having a bit of an issue with ShotGrid web login on one of the machines running Flame 2022.1 / Centos7. It says “web login not supported due to missing Qt method” and then the name of the class.

Have you seen something like this? Any ideas?

I don’t know if this will help you, but we had to install the ShotGrid Create app and login there before launching Flame. Maybe worth a shot?

1 Like

Hi Talosh,

Since the switch to ADSK ID, there have been lots of problems with SG login in Flame. We’ve had lots of back and forth with Support and Beta about it. Best thing to do is get in touch with Support as the fix is esoteric.

Hi Alan, actually so far John’s way did the job - one need to launch Create app (it should be let fully online with no connection restrictions) and login there, after that Flame can log in as well even behind the proxy. I can imagine they’re writing stuff faster then Flame updates this part. Someone asked me to update Shotgun Menu integration to Shotgrid and it basically works but it is using the built-in login engine and I agree it feels that the stuff there gets a bit esoteric )

Hi John, thanks for the tip works like charm!

1 Like

Aha actually it was John, so some sort of a quick version that works with ShotGrid are in releases now: Releases · talosh/flameMenuSG · GitHub

I will use it in production for the next couple of weeks to see if there are more stuff to catch, but the basics seem to be working now.

Amazing, thank you! I’m downloading it right now.