Shotgrid support scrubbed of Flame?

Anyone know how to host users and their setups centrally through Shotgrid?

I also have a couple of presets I want to add to users for export.

Is this possible through the basic installation?

Hi Andy (@imag4media ) I’ve conformed in flame but I’d like to be able to load a batch in nuke - is there a way that shotgrid can create scripts for nuke with the media conformed for a shot?

Hi John-

I’d assume you could use python to create a nuke script based on the elements. (plates, roto, etc.)
Can’t really talk you thru the details as I’m not as familiar w Nuke.

As for flame setups,
the easiest way to share shot templates or presets,
would likely be using the Project bin in batch.
User bin will only be avail to your user, but Project bin will be available to all users on same project.
You could even populate a default set if you wanted.
I’ve used this to roll out useful templates and tools to larger teams and it works well.

Hope that helps-
Andy D,

1 Like

Re the presets: I’m thinking of trying to include title safety grids, presets in nodes and export presets.

The batch project setups is a great tip though. Thanks for that.

Export presets can be shared as well, either per project or shared over multiple projects.

One thing that might be helpful is that sometimes I create the setup home directory not on the local machine but under the job on the server with the rest of the assets.
This was helpful in certain cases, if you had a project go corrupt and had to create a new one, or a machine had a hardware failure and quickly needed replacing. If a user was working on many machines, they could all point to the same home setup directory this way.

I’d guess you could set view grids etc in a similar way from a central location if you had all the machines looking for the defaults on a central place.

A

1 Like

Centralized S+W FTW!!

2 Likes

It’s very appealing @ALan - perhaps stage 2.

Incidentally, with this central hub do you ever work with people off site using their own machines?

NO, and I am very against that.