Some very minor annoying things that never get fixed in every version ( or i need to change my ways)

Call me crazy but I think this was possible a long time ago.

@fredwarren ??

One that Iā€™ll add is quite simple. If you double click on a clip that isnā€™t ā€œopenā€ on the record timeline in the media panel, it should flip to the source viewer and the source timeline, similarly to how flame opens the record viewer and timeline when you double click on a piece of media that is ā€œopen.ā€

I canā€™t tell you how often that catches me out. And itā€™s such an inconsistency. I swear smoke would toggle the viewer.

1 Like

@cnoellert I didnā€™t find a request for it at flamefeedback.autodesk.com. Please submit a General Improvement request.

1 Like

Are you talking about the Alt-Click on a Clip node in Batch? I donā€™t think this was ever possible.

I work with the media panel open on the right. I can select any clip in the batch and it is highlighted on the right, and I can click hover to see the info. And technically I donā€™t need to select it in the batch schematic. I can just alt-click on any clip in the batch, but sometimes itā€™s hard to find them unless I select it in the schematic first

1 Like

Right; it works well for clips.

My use case was nodes. For example the OFX node for Neat always returns 32float results. In some cases I have to put a resize node behind it to bring Neat back to the rest of the node graph without warnings.

But as I usually only have size displayed in batch I canā€™t readily see which nodes are 12bit, 16f or 32f. To see that you have to add all the colorspace info which is way too much text for a busy batch.

What would be nice os to Alt-click on any node and temporarily get all the node meta data, such as size, bit depth, and color space.

3 Likes

Yeah. I like this idea :+1:

I do work in batch with ALL of the node info which is a lot of on screen and can get busy plus not all nodes display the info.

Ummm. Hello, 3 months ago I submitted this
FI-03089
https://feedback.autodesk.com/project/feedback/view.html?cap=5afe6c84-5cb3-447a-b36c-cbd7f0688f84&uf=8efbf546-176d-48cd-b496-20dd1b10a6b1&slsid=862eed61-06f6-4b4f-b8b9-309e3ef2b0df

2 Likes

Maybe it was in BFX in the old days of Smoke???

Yeah, there was cross-talk in the conversation that referenced clips, so yours was probably not the right one to reply too.

Thanks John. I missed it because I was searching for ā€œsourceā€ and ā€œtimelineā€. Note that the double-click already works for the opened sequences.

@cnoellert No need to submit anything.

1 Like

This may be subtle, but the problem is not with Flame, it is with the Discreet font. When the font was made, the characters were not put in the proper place sequentially. All Flame does is read the sequence of characters and add them on button. I am not sure if we can ā€œeasilyā€ fix this.

Upvoted. Thanks @johnag

Simpleā€¦ Discreet2

Itā€™s not just the Discreet font. Itā€™s all of Discreetā€™s fonts. Even the ones that I have brought in from other sources.

Hmmm, having two set of fonts just to inverse that character seems overkill to me.