View Settings Disabled - Exposure/Contrast/Gamma

I’ve got an issue and I think I know what has caused it but can’t work out how to fix it.

My ability to adjust Exposure, Contrast & Gamma in the Viewing Settings is disabled/greyed out.

I think what has caused it is loading up someone else’s batch setup from another system.

It doesn’t seem to make any difference, even if I change settings in the Project/Colour Management preferences tab.

I’m running Flame 2025 on Rocky Linux 8.7

Any suggestions would be much appreciated as it is a real pain in the ass.

I should also add that I just tried copying the colour management settings from a project that was previously working. Still no luck.

Going to create a support ticket but I must say this has been buggy as I’ve lost controls before and had to change viewing settings to another setting and back to enable the controls again (i.e. switch linear to log back to linear in the viewing settings).

Ok, I worked out a fix in case anyone else encounters this. I created a custom diagnostics setting in Preferences > Project > Colour Management in the Diagnostics tab on the right (had already tried Reset All that did nothing). When I used the default Shift Ctrl 1 to enable that then my diagnostics controls came back.

This was a really frustrating issue as I am trying to comp fire into a shot in ACES so want to ensure that it works no matter what the colourist does.

You most likely used the “Toggle Exposure/Constrast/Gamma Bypass” shortcut ( Shft CTRL ` ) by mistake. Reusing the shorcut or any of the Select Exposure/Contrast/Gamma ( like you did ), reenable the Exposure/Constrast/Gamma.

1 Like

Wow. Thanks for clarifying that. I had no idea that there was even a bypass. Think I’ll be disabling that from my hotkeys tomorrow