What music are you listening to right now?

I like electronic…Daft Punk, The XX, Electric Pop, House, Ratatat, Electric 6, Kishi Bashi, Big Wild, Glass Animals…

What about you? What can’t you get out of your head these days?

1 Like

Fleet Macwood Volume #2

2 Likes

I really like audiobooks as of about two years ago. I loved Moby Dick, profoundly changed me, unexpectedly incredible. I also like technical metal while I work, a lot of Meshuggah and Cloudkicker.

2 Likes

Been listening to ratatat since high school and all through jazz school and now into VFX. One of my all time favorites is the remix of “Wanderlust” by Bjork. Just magic. This will 100% be stuck in my head for the next week. Björk - Wanderlust (Ratatat Mix) - YouTube

1 Like

Love me a bit of Flume

and Darkside.

1 Like

Love me some Darkside.

1 Like

On a related note, since Covid I’m just working from home. I decided I could justify a pretty sexy pair of studio monitor speakers for my home studio. After much deliberation I went for a pair of HEDD Type 7 MK2

One of the best things I ever bought, the sound is just amazing. Weirdly it pushed me in to getting back in to hard rock, rock is like opera when listened to on fine studio monitors. Rock was definitely the genre that I noticed the most difference in when upgrading my monitoring. Those monitors have digital inputs, really worth setting up, just waiting for Spotify to offer their uncompressed service, which is apparently coming.

3 Likes

60s, 70s, 80s Rock
Orchestral rock, especially Rick Wakeman
Sing in the shower hits (guilty pleasures) from Spotify - teenage days classics
Turkish electronica and rock
When I really need to focus and crunch, 140 bpm psychedelic trance on high volume - do not f*ing bother me mode - Infected Mushroom, etc…

2 Likes

Skazi?

1 Like

ooff… As an avid music listener and musician myself (benn playing guitar for 24 years) this is a difficult question. I’ve decided to answer it by posting 2 of my most used Spotify Playlists. Genre is some mixture of progressive, indie and alternativew Rock…

“modern classics” is the playlist where i put in a bunch of stuff l knew and liked before i got spotify.

“new findings” is the playlist where i put in all the stuff that i really liked from my spotify recommendations!

Hope somebody enjoys :slight_smile:

Siouxsie & the Banshees, New Order currently.

1 Like

I prefer silence.

1 Like

Silence can be good, but today has been an eclectic mix…
Groove Armada
Blues Brothers complete collection
Bebel Gilberto
Isaac Hayes
Kraftwerk

who knows what else will get an airing before i finish today!

With full volume it’s much better than any noise cancelling headsets (or not).

But if full concentration is needed, I love listening to any epic filmmusic.

2 Likes

If anyone’s into metal, this is by far my most listened to album of 2022.

1 Like

I like listening to electro open air recordings from some special DJ’s. “Nation of Gondwana” set’s for example are always appreciated like here.

Here ya go, Tim:

I don’t dare click on this . . .

2 Likes

Depends on the job. Silence when obviously I have to edit and online, instrumental / jazz when I’m grading, Cardio type music when doing shots in batch and very loud ACDC / Angels when rotoing / paint / cleanups