3D Tracking Query

Centroid Transform! It’s easier than you think. It’s a button in the PointLocators menu when you have a Point Locator in your scene.

1 Like

I saw this the other day from the Flame Learning Channel. Choose a group of locators and then place a floor plane in the centre of those locators. Worked like a dream and got me out of a hole. Might be what you’re looking for?

3 Likes

What a helpful community we have here at Logik!

1 Like

Distinguished Guests of Logik, The Grant Connor!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

i had no idea this existed. terrified to think how much time this would have saved me over the years. Nice one.

1 Like

I’ve always wished there was a “promote selected axis to locator” just to make these tools available for 3D tracks performed outside of action. Willing to bet it could be hacked in python…

2 Likes

I was under the impression you could hack it by parenting any locator under an Axis.

I could have sworn I put a feature request for this seven or eight years ago, because, yeah, it would be nice to have that functionality outside of flame-generated camera tracks.

1 Like

Doesn’t @lewis do this in his find-a-point demo? I’ve never tried it, but he does it so casually that I assumed it would just work.

Someone who isn’t attempting to deliver spots today should try it…

You can’t create locators without a solve sadly.

I use that all the time, but it’s not really the ask… I was more referring to selecting a group of axis and being able to promote them to locators so they can be snapped to and parented under to allow for the various alignment options.

2 Likes

This would be a fantastic feature request! Both a snap to axis & convert/duplicate axis to locator.

Interested to see what the inherent snapping behavior is for the new moVec based 3D tracking points…

1 Like

Done!

https://feedback.autodesk.com/project/feedback/view.html?cap=5afe6c845cb3447ab36ccbd7f0688f84&uf=4128c2d29b3c421b8e3c1daa36c7ea1c&new=1&ifps=-898&f={8fbadb72-c1b4-44ad-b55e-888e3fdc17e4}&t=0&fti=2&d={bff8dab8-29f4-4247-b294-bc67f88df35a}

Fl-02560 Convert an axis to a locator!

3 Likes

Upvoted!

1 Like

Bumping this because until it’s implemented, I shall keep bumping.

2 Likes

Just uploaded a script to the Logik Portal called Axis to Point Locators. Works in 2022 and higher. Just right click on a selection of axis nodes → Axis… → Axis to Locators.

Let me know how it works out.

Mike

13 Likes

:hugs:

Amazing. Unfortunately I am still stuck on Flame 2020.3.1 but I shall look forward to getting this once we upgrade.

Does the locator get its orientation from the group of axis?

Will it work on a single axis as well? Unfortunately I’m tied to 2021 @ the moment, but this sounds great!

Each of the selected axis gets converted into a locator within one point locator node.

2 Likes

yup, it should work with as many axis as you select.

3 Likes