3DEqualizer Extend trac

So ive got a shot I need to extend the matchmove because they now came up with this new edit that has like twice the amount of frames and the whole track was a complete b**** to pull off so I would LOVE to not start from scratch… no idea how to do this - usually I just re-track cause thats faster … but this time its really annoying…

I have the feeling I will have to do all the tracking again though and then align it to the " old" camera

Hey Finn, are the frames added on the heads or tails? I don’t know 3de, but when I’ve needed to extend a track in the tails in the past with syntheyes, I’ve just opened the previous solve, edited the shot and shot length in syntheyes- so the solve just stops when it reaches those frames. Then went through and continued trackers (or made new ones) etc. then when I was ready to solve, I used constraints so that my orientation, coordinates, focal length, etc didn’t change. Perhaps there’s something like that in 3de?

Basically just replacing the shot with the new longer one, continue tracking, and then using constraints for the camera and world stuff you’ve already got set up before solving again.

@finnjaeger Look into this technique.

2 Likes

ah yea damn of course its heads… I need to import new plate and adjust all trackers basically offset them by x frames and then re track all of them naually i guess

use this all the time to align track to geometry not sure this helps me this time as I have no geo :frowning: but ill have another look at this video thx

ah lol first sentence is like how to stich 2 tracks … hahah nice thankyou

1 Like

Hii, I have a problem, I can’t track the point while the camera in out of focus the whole frame is like a noise.

Hii, I have a problem, I can’t track the point while the camera in out of focus the whole frame is like a noise.

Hello. I have encountered the same problem and after seeing your post I started to look through available options in 3DE with my friends from the studio, because they said it’s freakin’ impossible that this kind of basic option like changing the shot length and readjusting existing track wouldn’t be available in such advanced software. It turns out they were right! It’s pretty awkward and counter-intuitive, but it can be done. All you have to do is export the 2d tracks, and as you do that, there is a dialogue window with the offset to fill in. You just type in the offset value - so if your original shot started at 1001, and the new one starts at 991, you type in 10 frames offset. Next, you deactivate your current point group or delete it and import the exported tracks ( of course you change the frame range and starting frame in Camera panel accordingly). Now you can change the direction of tracking to back, shift the startpoint to a keyframe and track back to the beginning of the new shot. Works like a charm - the only setback is that the exported tracks file does not move over the information on the pattern and seach area size as they were before export, so these will be set to default and you will have to adjust them again.

3 Likes

dude thank you for this!!!

No problem. One note - I noticed that re-importing the 2dtracks to the same project results in problems with tracking new points if you want to include them in a new camera solve - they have messed up tracking directions and don’t always want to track properly, I think it’sa bug. What you can do is export the points and the lens, set up a new project with new footage, import the points and the lens and then this problem disappears.

1 Like