Abnormal termination

Chancing this topic outside of the Autodesk Area (my previous port of call, as I don’t do Face***k). I thought this might go away when upgrading from my previous K6000 to my present M6000/24GB but it till besets me. It mainly occurs when I have a GapFX (with the BFX layer below fed as a background) with an Action and one or two other nodes) and then a dissolve to the next GapFX. I get an immediate freeze (not a crash to send any report) when I go to render and the following output. I’m on CentOS 7.2 and Flame 2020.1.1 as I’'ve not been able to update my OS on my Linux machine due to some conflicts that the EasyUpgrade script doesn’t like. Any ideas on the termination prob?

Cheers
Tony

Hi Tony,

The 'Error: abnormal termination" message is generic.

It essentially says that the process has not been properly exited. We cannot identify the cause of the crash with the error message.

Out of curiosity, did you report the crash to our Technical Support team?

Please, let me know.

Regards,
Yann

Hi Yann,

Thanks for the reply. Nope, I think the only person I raised it with was you around a year ago when you were having a look around my computer. As an educational user, I don’t think I have a pipeline to technical support?

Cheers
Tony

Hi Tony,

I am not familiar with the level of technical support assistance available with the educational entitlement.

I will check, and will follow up with you offline.

Best,
Yann

Nice one Yann

Cheers
Tony