Adding comments to clips?

Is there any way to add comments to the metadata of a clip?

I’m wary of renaming shots as this could problems down the line…

I shot a ton of material for a project and i want to be able to add shot descriptions to help make the edit a little easier, but i’m not sure if this is possible in Flame.

edit:-

found it - you can change “Clip Name from Filename” to “Enter Clip Name” in the Mediahub Format Specific Options.

1 Like

When i edit with lots of rushes i add segment markers onto the clips and then add comments into the markers comments field. You can also search based on the comments.

1 Like

Do you kinda mean like in Avid when you can right click a clip in the timeline and “Add Comment”?
Did “Enter Clip Name” end up solving your problem? Was this to have comments in the EDL?

1 Like

Not sure…haven’t touched Avid in over 16yrs.
I just wanted to name the clips with something relevant to the content, rather than having a bunch of camera generated filenames that mean nothing to me.
Its to have clips in the reels with a descriptive name, so editing becomes easier.
Using Enter clipname seems to have done the trick, clip nmae is relevant, and filename remains that given the clip by the camera. I assume this will translate over to edl’s but as all the work will remain in this one machine, that’s something I won’t need.

1 Like