Batch Paint Improvements | Flame 2024

9 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

Loving the improvements to batch paint. I can finally do some things I’ve wanted to do for years, like modify and delete multiple strokes at a time. I still wish it had a way to define your own defaults like action, but I’ll save that for another time. What I don’t understand, however, is why consolidate was removed from Clone, RecClone and Reveal. @fredwarren ? Am I the only one who uses it? Those are 3 of my five most used brushes and I always used them with consolidate. Granted the ability to select all strokes is helpful, but . . . .

Hey Tim. Can’t you do that under Node Prefs / Brush Presets / Set Current as Default?

No.

What we implemented is what John mentioned above: you can set a default value for you Brush Presets in Batch Paint → Node Prefs → Brush Presets using the Set Current as Default button. Is there something else you would like to set as default other than the Brush Presets?

We removed it because it wasn’t working and really couldn’t work. It shouldn’t have been available in the first place.

1 Like

Thank you for being straightforward, decisive, and honest about this.

I’m surprised to hear you say that because it always worked fine for me, except of course, for drag.

Duh. There it was right in front of me. Thanks.

Sorry, my No was in reference to the consolidate question.

I use consolidate all the time, without it on paint is very laggy.

Has anyone else had hard crashes with the new batch paint? Spent a while trying to figure out what was going on and it seems to happen when I paint up to and out of the edge of frame. This is on a Mac Pro 2019 running 2024.1.1 and 2024.2 in a 6k aces project.

I’ve got a temporary workaround with resizing to centre crop 7k, painting then resizing to source…

1 Like

This is a problem we are aware of and are currently looking at how we can deliver a fix for this as soon as possible. We will keep you updated.

4 Likes

Glad to hear we weren’t alone at our facility!! And glad to hear you all are looking into it @fredwarren!

1 Like

Is this only affecting Mac?

This is a little bit tricky to answer. Right now, we have only been able to reproduce the problem on Mac computers using 16-bit clip bigger than 4K. That being said, the faulty code is not Mac specific so there is possible something wrong on Linux as well. It is also possible that the problem doesn’t happen with an NVIDIA card.

1 Like

I have not had any issue, other than the normal one when one tries to drag to the edge. Certainly no crashes. G8 Rocky with CentOS 8.5, P6000.

I’m so glad to hear this isn’t just me. I had a moment of fear my mac was failing me, but then did a 2023 check back and all was well.