Crash on VTR_ Initialising

Any clues. For some reason my broadcast monitor did not want to kick. So I went into Flame setup Set it to Video:BMD Sound BMD and also BMD in the second tap where you choose AJA or BMD…

Then on startup it get to VTR: Initialising and crashes…

Yes! You have to update to the latest Desktop Video. Not sure why it wasn’t mentioned as a mandatory update in the release notes. Lost an hour to figuring it out…

1 Like

Thanks, yes nuts. Is it ok to update after installing flame 2022.2?

Yup, that’s the process that I took.

Odd now flame starts up. And I can select BMD and set my fps etc… But when I hit playback… flame does not play and the broadcast only gets a green Chanel from the BMD board… Any other specific things I need to do to get it going. Set it to BMD , BMD in the first flame setup tab, and then sellect 3840x2160 23.967p in the second tab. Select BMD in the bracts setup within flame and the playback rate within the program…

Even when turing on the BMD inside flame I still dont have playback. When I relaunch the app but with none and coral sound then I got playback but not to the broadcast screen… something odd going on with the BMD setting still it seams like.

Hmmm I never had any issues once it updated. The system this was done in was using a decklink quad and under linux.

On Linux, when I’ve updated Desktop Video it has often insisted on a firmware update for my device too. Is it possible you need to do this? Not sure how to prompt it on a mac.

Did update it now bit realised I went ot a too new update for the card. Something that just worked on the lates Mac OS so wen back to a Catalina compatible version of desktop video… but no dice.