Delay between main screen and broadcast screen

I know there has always been a 2 or three frame delay between the picture on the computer monitor and the broadcast monitor, whether I was on my linux machine or the Mac. But what I don’t get is that on the same Mac - using the same blackmagic graphics card Resolve is rock solid locked between the two and flame is still out. Why is that?

This isn’t to do with audio. Just syncing computer monitor video with broadcast video. Anyhow that audio delay is set to zero. I’m using the apple xdr display and the Sony BVm hx 310. So it’s the best it can be. If I use the black magic ultra studio 4k mini the display on it tells you what’s going on. With flame going through it it says buffer 0 frames. When resolve is going into it it says 5 frame buffer. So maybe there is something in that.

This kills me when I’m editing. The delay between the two monitors. I physically cover my eyes with my hand. It would be great to have the same timing on the video on both UI and video monitors.

3 Likes

Kills me too. I too cover my eyes or turn the broadcast off. Resolve is rock solid.

A good question for our ADSK friends. @fredwarren @FriendsFromAutodesk

1 Like

This should be logged as an improvement request on Flame Feedback.

Surely as a bug no?

I would have said to report it as a bug to the support team if it was the case.

I disagree. If the delay in the gui we’re only on play the result would be totally acceptable, especially given that often I find Flame has mysterious delays in between me hitting play and playback actually starting.

I care little to nothing about the offset in timing when frame advancing here or there… or shuttling for that matter. They can have their three frame delay then. But when I hit play it would be amazing to have sync.

My two cents. We could even ask for it to be a preference… broadcast delay/gui delay.

1 Like

Also. davinci resolve works fine. Absolutely locked.

It is interesting how mere mortals do not ever realize a 3-5 second off-sync and we go ape-shit crazy trying to work. Like the good old days of 4:3 content expanded to 16:9. Professional deformation…

Visual effects aside, when I’m just editing on the timeline the delay drives me crazy especially when trying to cut to a beat and there are fast cuts.

2 Likes

Hey all,

This drives me crazy as well, so I went ahead and created a Flame Feedback request…please vote!
@johnag @Sinan @cnoellert @Jonhollis

https://feedback.autodesk.com/project/feedback/view.html?cap=5afe6c845cb3447ab36ccbd7f0688f84&uf=6d9f3e42ba4b4f9fbaa70ec70bc4a717&new=1&ifps=-898&f=%7B8fbadb72-c1b4-44ad-b55e-888e3fdc17e4%7D&t=0&fti=2&d=%7B24e9252c-ac55-4e5b-a064-a498e4e73342%7D

1 Like

Done.

Done.

Done

I think they have as the ultrastudio 4k mini tells you what’s going on. When using resolve it’s says buffer 3 frames. And when using flame it says 0.