Does a tail/handle consume the same amount of storage like a "real" frame

Hello

Do the following two types of footage (photos with a still duration defined during import in Mediahub
consume the same amount of strorage space?

a photo with a still duration of 80 frames, 10 incoming handles/tails, 10 outdoing handles/tails

vs.

the same photo with a still duration of 100 frames (no handles/tails) ?

Thank’s for your feedback

PS
By the way, would appreciate the possibility to define the number of tails/handles during import in MediaHub very much!

It depends. If you loaded the still photo as a 100 frame clip, it takes up 100 frames, no matter how much is used and how much is handles. If you loaded the still photo as a virtual frame, it takes up the space of a single frame, no matter how much is used and how much is handles. Virtual frames, however, do not display handles. Only an *, since handles are irrelevant.

Interesting… going to find out how to import a still photo as virtual frame asap :slight_smile:

Can imagine that beside the advantage of saving storage space, there must be also disadvantages… Or are there any?

I’m certain that over the years I have come across some strange, unique instance in which a non-virtual frame would be better, but off hand I can’t think of any.

->If you loaded the still photo as a virtual frame
Expected to find an option in MediaHub, but that was not the case. Am I blind or is the option to perform such a special import located elsewhere?

If your photo is actually just one frame, such as a single jpeg, it should automatically load as a virtual frame. When you look at the segment on flame, the should be an * at each end of the segment, rather than a number indicating handles.

1 Like

In my case had to define at least 1 FRM in MediaHub. Or is there an easier way to import a single tiff or jpeg?

This is the case :slight_smile: