Import footage with predefined number of handles

Hello

Is there a way to define the numer of handles upon import in MediaHub?

Thank you!
Joe

PS
Till now, I set still duration(in Media Hub) longer than needed and add the hadles manually (e.g. command-left -5 / command right +5)

How are you setting your duration in the Media Hub (may I ask)?

I don’t know of a way to set a defined number of handles in the Media Hub.

Sounds like a job the conform tab could do or even getting all clips together in a timeline and consolidating en mass…

P.S. I didn’t know about the command-left - 5 trick in the media hub. I must try that sometime :hugs:

Do you know you can set an in and out point in media hub.

Can that help here @joe99

I think he knows @johnag but that seems like a very manual process right?

yes

1 Like

Or just soft import everything then when you’re happy, consolidate and cache.

1 Like

Thank’s to all of you for the help. The thing with soft-import sounds interesting and I am trying to find out how this works. No idea why caching is required.

In the meantime i am trying to solve the task like this:

Selectig all tracks and than do the following two steps does add tails on the incoming side and at the outging side of each segment. This is not a big effort and probably i have to accept that some steps can not be automated…

• Command + arrow left, than tpye -5 (numpad)
  • Command + arrow right, than type +5 (numpad)

But the problem is now that the second segment (IMG0084) on track V1.1 segment does not “follow” segment (IMG0084) on trac V1.2

Question:
Is there a way to attach the two segments together or is there a smarter approach?

Thank’s a lot!

1 Like

Press ripple and the little arrow things to the left

Thank’s for the continued help! The tut “Flame Fundamentials, Mod 3, Part 06.mp4”
(keeping the edit in sync) does explain it very well.

But no idea why in my case it does only work partially… Img0084 on track V1.1 does not follow it’s brother on track V.1.2…

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
[ adding tails on the incoming side and at the outging side of each segment: ]
[ Command + arrow left, than tpye -5 (numpad) ]

[ Command + arrow right, than type +5 (numpad) ]

[ Result: Img0084 on track V1.1 does not follow it’s brother on track V.1.2… ]

I think this is happening because the top layer has a different number of segments to the bottom layer. ie if there’s 8 segments on top and you trim out 1 frame then your sequence on that layer grows by 8 frames. The bottom layer only has 2 segments so its only going to grow by 2 frames

If you trim one at a time on the top layer, it works.

If you want to trim them all at once fill in the gaps with black segments. I just tried it and it worked.

Thank’s John for testing it and the interesting suggestion!
Is filling the Gaps with black done like that?

→ right click on the Gap → Add Effect → Colour Mgmt → right click → Colour

No just click on the gap and press thecolour source button

You can import a bunch of clips to a reel, then select those and choose “consolidate handles”. This will let you choose how many frames you want for handles for all the chosen clips.

Wow… now it looks much better and it woks in most situations. Thank’s John! One exception is: segments which do have infinte numbers of tails (* img001 *) (e.g after adding a Colour Source → Black)

Also an interesting approach:) Thank’s Julio!