Dropbox on Rocky Linux

Thank you Milan

It is running perfect!!!

1 Like

So does it allow to make clips offline / online only? That’s the main function I was missing when I tried Dropbox on Rocky before. Worked fine on Mac, just didn’t exist in the Rocky setup.

Well, you can choose which folders to sync. Actually I didn’t notice that aspect. Will check later

Apparently we don’t have that feature (choose online/offline files) in the Linux version.

Maybe not a deal killer, but I needed that option for archival. Would be great if they add it on later.

Hello, recently I updated my Linux box to run Flame 2023. After installing Dropbox I noticed that the “run at login” checkbox in the Dropbox preferences does not work. Anyone has seen this behavior?

How did you install a dropbox GUI? Mine works via command

I installed it using the following:

Install - Dropbox

Install Dropbox to get the most out of your account

When your download is complete, run the Dropbox installer

Dropbox Headless Install via command line

The Dropbox daemon works fine on all 32-bit and 64-bit Linux servers. To install, run the following command in your Linux terminal.

32-bit:

cd ~ && wget -O - “https://www.dropbox.com/download?plat=lnx.x86” | tar xzf -

64-bit:

cd ~ && wget -O - “https://www.dropbox.com/download?plat=lnx.x86_64” | tar xzf -

Next, run the Dropbox daemon from the newly created .dropbox-dist folder.

~/.dropbox-dist/dropboxd

If you’re running Dropbox on your server for the first time, you’ll be asked to copy and paste a link in a working browser to create a new account or add your server to an existing account. Once you do, your Dropbox folder will be created in your home directory. Download this Python script to control Dropbox from the command line. For easy access, put a symlink to the script anywhere in your PATH.

The only problem is that every time I start the system I have to type the command to run Dropbox. Otherwise it works OK.

What Julio said. I think ran a command to have it running from startup… can’t remember now.

You could throw it in your rc.local or user startup files to save a step.