Export Volume Statistics

Howdy all!

Once upon a time at one of the large companies here in NY, I recall the scheduling department having the ability to print out what appeared to be a CSV file of all the jobs on a given Flame’s framestore. Basically a physical copy of the “Volume Statistics” window we can access in the Flame UI.

Is this a tool that’s standard with Flame, or does it sound like some in-office proprietary stuff? Any recommendations on how to access this functionality, if possible) would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

Hey Brandon…Congrats on the 1st post!

Long time stalker, first time poster :joy:

LOL. @jarak08 do you know if this is possible?

I’m pretty sure they were just running a vstat. Did it look like this?

If so you can use:
cd /opt/Autodesk/io/bin
./vstat -v stonefs(then some # here, probably 7)

Same data, but formatted in a more user friendly way. Looks straight out of Excel or something.

honestly, looked almost identical to what you see in “Volume Statistics”

@john-geehreng

What you outlined above is definitely helpful and gets me in the right direction! So thank you. Just curious to keep digging and see if getting that data as a CSV or other spreadsheet format is possible.

Thanks!!

I think if you use the -l flag (for Libraries mode) you will see the same detailed output you would in the flame UI.

[root@vxfhost ~]$   /opt/Autodesk/io/bin/vstat  -v stonefs7  -l

=================================================================================================
|     | Name                                     |     Nb FullRes     |  Nb Proxy |   Nb Audio  |
|     |                                          |        Frames      |   Frames  |    Frames   |
=================================================================================================
|   1 | test_202201.prj                          |               12008|          0|           64|
|     |         Workspace 1/.#workspace          |                 282|          0|            2|
|     |         Workspace 1/_Cache_              |                   0|          0|            0|
|     |         Workspace 1/Grabbed References   |                   0|          0|            0|
|     |         Workspace 1/Timeline FX          |                   0|          0|            0|
|     |         Workspace 1/Default Library      |                   0|          0|            0|
|     |         Workspace/.#workspace            |               11727|          0|           62|
|     |         Workspace/Grabbed References     |                   0|          0|            0|
|     |         Workspace/Default Library        |                   0|          0|            0|
|     |         Workspace/Timeline FX            |                   0|          0|            0|
|     |         .#project                        |                   0|          0|            0|
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can prob. just strip the output and format as a csv or whatever format you want.

HTH.

@jarak08 @john-geehreng

Thanks very much for your contributions! What you’ve proposed will definitely work for my purposes, and helped me deduce that the CSV files I had previously worked with likely had a some intervention/formatting done by some third party code.

Thank you!!

1 Like