Flame 2023 just dropped

Just recived the email, cant find any notes though…

Anyone?

Mike

you can download it from your Autodesk Account page (well i am doing it now) - but i can’t find any “whats new” docs, so won’t install it until i know what has changed/fixed/been added.

2 Likes

found the link to the “whats new”

https://help.autodesk.com/view/FLAME/2023/ENU/?guid=GUID-86AC768A-7BC5-4D7C-9E4A-79CBEF8EDA0B

1 Like

Hi Mike,

Flame 2023 is being released today.

The official announcement, including notes and links, will be made later today (on the usual channels).

Best,
Yann

1 Like

Gotta love ADSK.

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 4.38.13 AM

3 Likes

The loss of the Discreet font :frowning:

No support for mojave :slightly_frowning_face:

We always only support the last three major macOS versions.

2 Likes

conversely, I’d argue this alone is a reason to upgrade. Haha.

7 Likes

Can you please make it easier to find the DKU and ADSK RL installer iso please

Great. Now what are all my slates going to default to? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s still there. Copy it out of /opt/Autodesk/font if you want it for ever and ever.

1 Like

They still gonna default to Discreet as we have only changed the font used for the UI. The font selection in the tools still defaults to Discreet.

3 Likes

ha! agreed!

1 Like

Rocky linux is finally the succesor of centos!!.

1 Like

Ahh, my slates are saved. I won’t have to change them all to comic sans after all! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

New UI looks mint! I’ve got a new M1 MBP on it’s way, looking forward to giving it a burl!

1 Like

No love on my MacBook Pro M1 Max.

Haha, fair enough. I didn’t realize it was so disliked. While it’s not the most elegant by any stretch of the imagination, it’s like an old friend.

Speaking of the UI, is it just me or do the rounded buttons make one instantly think of SoftImage?

@ALan You can ask about this at every release, the answer will always be the same. Unfortunately no, we can’t.