Flame 2023 just dropped

For those who do longform, has playback been fixed? The constant pausing and dropping frames roughly every 5 minutes is infuriating in 2022.

We are not aware of the Player dropping frame every 5 minutes with the 2022 version. As far as we know this problem has been fixed in the 2020.3.1 / 2021 release.

Please contact the support team if you are still having this issue with the 2023 version and they will investigate the problem.

2 Likes

It is the micro freezes that aren’t so micro at times but huge, this issue seemed to come about with 2022. This is what I’m hoping has been fixed in 2023, for anyone doing longform it is an absolute killer especially when doing reviews, I would like to know if this has been addressed in 2023?

As I mentioned here we think that we have fixed most (if not all) micro-freezes in 2023. Please try it and let us know!

1 Like

Hi Fred,

There seems to be a typo on the system requirements page. It states that Flame is compatible with Monterey beginning with Flame 2023.2, not 2022.2
I’m having trouble installing 2023 on one of my machines, and this confused the AD person I had on the phone. He tried to tell me that Flame wouldn’t be compatible until 2023.2 is realeased. They’ve escalated things for me, but I thought it would be good to let the folks that take care of the documentation know.

Best,

dc

Thanks for pointing it out. I will warn the people responsible for this page.

Fingers crossed I wasn’t that confused AD person.
Let me know if you need me to look over the system David.

1 Like

Oh no Beau, it wasn’t you. You were quite the opposite as has been my experience with you. I wrote your manager to tell him so after we finished. I also filled out the survey. Your efforts were stellar as always. The guy I was referring to was from installation and licensing. Thanks for your help today, I’ve now got both machines humming with 2023.

Best,

dc

3 Likes

The typos have been fixed on the System Requirements page.

1 Like

So how do you add a volume on the mac? I keep getting access denied.

Check to make sure Flame and its’ components have Full Disk Access checked in the security and privacy system preference pane

2 Likes

Right on my friend.

A little tip for those that want, you can bypass tier 1 if you indicate that you are having a product issue and not an installation or an issue opening the software. This gets the case in front of our team and can save some down time. Thanks for the note! You rock.
Have a great weekend!

5 Likes

Would be curious to hear the answer to these questions too!

But regarding Rocky: why would they go with RHEL when Rocky has complete parity with CentOS and is free?

1 Like

Ok, so due to backburner issues, again! I decided to wipe my HD and re-install Catalina, but after verifying flame install its just drops out, I suspect it’s down to mac security, but how do you add the installer to full disk access?

Paul when installing Flame we open System Settings and unlock security, before we start the installer. May be this helps. Also the installation process will not be interrupted by password request’s accordingly.
Edit: Typo

Hi Waldi, I have system settings open, I think. “allow apps downloaded from app store and identified developers”.

Interesting discuss about centos/rocky. I thought same, beacuse Rocky is a pretty recent distro. I think it’s an important decision not only for autodesk. The whole vfx plattform, where centos is the standard , ( rhle was before) , has to decide where to go. Flame has not been different. First was rhle, and then centos. That is because I think it’s not a specifical autodesk’s decision and maybe the whole vfx plattform will move to rocky linux and this is already consesual. It would be so weird that only autodesk adopt this plattform… I really want to see what the industry does next coming.

And about rlhe, don’ forget that the official support repository is a pay plattform.

1 Like

I don’t think it would be weird because my impression is that Autodesk just wants to do whatever is easiest. My wish would be for the overton window to move away from distros entirely and embrace something more agnostic (One day I will be able to run Flame on Arch!)

1 Like

I experience the exact same. Discussed it on Logik discord yesterday too. I’ve tried disabling all security stuff, gave everything full disk access. To no effect; as soon as the Autodesk window popup saying “preparing” it just crashes. Oh how I love Windows & Linux :frowning:

Jef, which version of OSX?
I’ve tried everything, it was a doddle to install the previous versions on Mojave.