Flame 2023 just dropped

Montery 12.3.1, but experienced the same in earlier versions of 12.

It would be helpful if AD explained how e are supposed to get this damn thing to install!

No I was talking about these unlock settings were all the disk access is in System Settings. We select the settings, unlock in the lower left corner and keep the window open as it is so that during the installation process the disc access and user rights keep always open and unlocked.

Apple Silicon native support: We are looking at it but we do not have any ETA to share.

Font: There is an effort at Autodesk to have all applications use the same icons, colours, font, etc. Implementing all of this in Flame is challenging due to the nature of our user interface that differs a lot from 3D applications but we tried to do our own version that would work. Changing the font was part of that effort.

1 Like

I love what has been done to tweak the UI in this version and AD have managed to update it whilst not spoiling, at all, its general approach.

Cheers
Tony

1 Like

We did tell you. It is in the Know Issues list that was made available with the 2023 release.

2 Likes

So, after much googling, I came across this article
:Failed to install Flame 2021.2 on macOS 11 Big Sur | Flame Products 2021 | Autodesk Knowledge Network
After following the convoluted instructions, it finally installed!
But yet again, backburner is not working!!

It should be up front on the install page.

My guess is that native Apple Silicon will never come. Same for backburner and reactor. Need to keep the large customers with Linux happy. Half the speed of linux appears to be the sweet spot.

I disagree. completely. At some point Apple will pull the plug. That might be some years, but for sure it will happen. Additionally, no developer wants to purposefully hobble their app and run under emulation. The big challenge for ADSK currently is that all the 3rd party libraries they use have to become Apple Silicon native. You can’t mix and match native/emulation code. Its all or none.

2 Likes

Very happy with the update!

Quick question regarding the AWS cloud AMI.
Can we use Rocky Linux for it or is it Centos only?

AWS deployment is limited to CentOS 7.6 at this time.

1 Like

gross… all this hoopla for an 8 year old OS. That will never fly in modern dynamic workflow.

that’s frankly disconcerting

Hello Chris!

Rocky is a free community driven OS, 100% binary compatible with RHEL, which has licensing free based on your number of seats.

1 Like

Rocky Linux support for AWS deployment will come soon. Some our of 3rd party technology partners were not ready to deploy on this OS. We"ll post the support here when available.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification. :+1: !!

The text on the web page has been updated. If you see any other issues with the 2023 online documentation, please let us know.

1 Like