HPZ Central interface is just a cut out in the middle of the screen!

Hi All
Urgent request! I’m remoted into a facility & was working away fine on HPZ central. After a crash, both linux desktop & the flame interface have come back up as small cut out in the the middle of the screen. My pen now misses its target, as it’s not mapped correctly, and I cannot control the Flame. We are under severe pressure on the job. We’ve been down a full day & a half. Any advice gleefully accepted! Thank you!:blush: Grant

Sorry to hear this, Grant! Have you tried changing the screen rez on your local machine? It might kick it back into shape. I’m suspecting, though, that it might be something on the remote end if that’s the box that crashed.

1 Like

Thanks Andy! good to hear from you & hope you are well. I’ll have a twiddle with local res too, c what happens…Cheers

1 Like

That was going to be my suggestion as well, sounds like the local machine has it’s screen resolution messed up.

1 Like

Did you move or repo any windows after you launched HPZCentral? I have had this issues before with certain versions. Also, check the flame margins are set to 0%, not 5%. Both issues have tripped up mapping for me working remote. Apologies if this is obvious, but If you are on mac, you should have an option on the pop up bar up top for View where you should be able to select “windowed” or “Borderless” or “full screen”. Try toggling to full screen mode here. If working windowed, don’t move the windows around.

2 Likes

Hi MindyD, thanks yip tried those, no luck. I’ve now tested 2 local macs, 2 pens, 2 wacom boards, re-installed everything & exhausted my options. I’m now gonna try and finish the job with a mouse, which for some reason, seems to work in my little cut out window…Can someone pls tell me why we bother?!:laughing:

1 Like

Hot damn. That’s inhuman. I know it doesn’t make it any better but I really feel your pain. If/when a solution is found, pls share for future notes.

2 Likes