The Ultimate Thread for Remote Flame Artists That Don’t Hotkey Good

If you are controlling a Flame in another part of the world and having tablet/hotkey/pen/audio problems, post here. There are so many good nuggets out there that someone only stumbled upon and is surely kickin the ass of many of us.

Here’s one that got me recently.

Controlling Linux Flame via a zero client and Teradici my local and remote cursors wouldn’t align, meaning whenever I click down somewhere on my tablet locally, the remote host would register that click in a different place. Whilst my monitor was expecting 1920x1080, the machine was sending 1920x1200, and repeated attempts to change this were futile for some reason, so, in Flame / Preferences / Input, we reset the 5% tablet margins to 0% and BOOM! Local cursor aligned to remote cursor and I could work.

7 Likes

I have an issue I can’t figure out. I’m remoting to a linux flame with Splashtop. The NumPad keys all map to random alphabet keys. I think it’s specific to Splashtop but I can’t find any help from them.

Following on from this, due to the storm, I’m remoting into work via teamviewer, but my hot keys don’t work. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Bump:
I never got any response to this, still having issues.

You may have key combos turned off. [LINK]. Make sure you have the correct keyboard selected in the Flame preferences.

1 Like

It’s not in the same place on mac, but the key combos thing has done it.
Thank you!!

FYI Teamviewer is the worst. What are you using Teamviewer for? There’s like a kajillion better options.

It’s free.

Maybe financially there’s no cost but you’re experiencing the operational cost of software with no financial cost arguably in real-time.

1 Like

AnyDesk was developed by ex-Teamviewer coders. It’s very good.

Not saying it’s not good. Just saying that our particular market segment is specialized enough that free software tends to not cover our needs. It’s free… but the lack of features we need to be truly productive is indeed a cost you have to endure.

That’s all. Whether or not that cost/benefit analysis works for you is a personal calculus.

I did try anydesk, but it kept freezing on me. Maybe I should give it another go.

I haven’t had any connection issues with AD. So far, solid.

Used AnyDesk for about a year and then got into the freeze zone and had to bail out. Changed over to Splashtop which has been really good. Would recommend.

1 Like

Will check that out then. Thanks.

Looks like I spoke too soon.

This makes me sad. HP Z Anywhere is a lot easier than they make it out to be, and only takes like what…7 commands to setup?

1 Like

AnyDesk got worse and worse the last months.
Switched to Splashtop and more than happy with it (so far, let’s see for how long:D )

Ivw been using Jump which works well for me. Im suprised its not mentioned as an option. Is it frowned upon within this group or does anyone else use Jump?

I would never use any of these options for anything but some basic management and housekeeping stuff. I find Jump a bit less clunky than the others, but still less than ideal for real work. That said, the editorial people use it all the time for everything.

1 Like