Logik Needs You! Yes you!

Speaking of BRAINS…Did you watch Logik Live on Sunday!!! Holy crap Graziella! You guys gotta watch it and hear about the script she wrote!

1 Like

I missed it. Was that the one about conforming?

Will it be available somewhere? It is not on the Youtube channel.

3 Likes

That script sounds amazing. When will it be available in the Logik matchbox collection? :grinning:

Hi! My matchbox script will hopefully be added to the Logik matchbox collection soon! I’ll create a Logik forum post talking all about it this week @fredwarren @glennteel

Also I am highly interested in writing Matchbox/GLSL shaders/Python and could also record training content :slight_smile:

14 Likes

SO AWESOME! Thanks and looking forward to checking it out and your post!

A post was split to a new topic: Intro to Matchbox Shaders

That’s me (thought-provoking). hans at vonsonntag dot com

Cheers!

1 Like

I can also partake of this one, I think

Cheers
Tony

2 Likes

I’d be happy to help where it makes sense, though I think I’m still too new to Flame at the moment. Background is more in other apps for now.

I’m originally a software engineer by training with 15 years in that industry before I had to give my brain a change of venue. I’ve done some GLSL coding in Mistika, and some DCTL coding in Resolve.

Also pretty decent at writing and wrangling people. Have small Discord server of NYC based colorists that used to be a IRL group I started pre-pandemic.

Let me know how it all nets out and I’ll chip in.

5 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Mistika impressions

A post was merged into an existing topic: Mistika impressions

Hiya folks - I’m thinking to do some matchbox stuff again since I have a couple weeks free and I just installed Flame for the first time in like 2 years (on a trashcan Mac but triple-booting linux with a thunderbolt eGPU, don’t ask lol)… the buttons all have rounded corners now :flushed:

I’ve already noticed a couple of my Ls_ ones acting a bit weird on an NVIDIA GPU because I was usually testing them on AMD, I’m gonna try and sort that out first - @GPM did you say in another thread you had one with a similar problem?

I have a list from ages ago of shader ideas I wanted to try as well, I’ll pop it in the matchbox thread in a sec…

21 Likes

Awesome!!! Can’t wait to see some new and/or improved matchboxes !!!
Fire Elmo GIF

2 Likes

Hey Lewis! Great to see you again!
Yes, crok skin outputs a texture slightly differently on Mac than Linux. I can def give you more info if you’re interested.

If you’re soliciting ideas, I’m really itching for an iterative pixel spread MX…

1 Like

Lewis - you are the best. I use Wireless all the time.

Somewhere along the way the “Pick” buttons stopped working. You can still drag the end point widgets or change the X/Y fields though so it works.

Thanks for all your Matchboxes!

3 Likes

John Geehreng has a fix for this in the Logik Portal.
Under “Batch Setups” it’s called wireless_tracking

-Ted

2 Likes

Lewis, chiming in to also say that your matchbox shaders are invaluable. Using Air Glow as I type and use wireless all the time (not to mention the OFX option for Neat and the cut detect you developed before they were integrated into Flame). Thanks you for all of the contributions you’ve made to the flame community!

3 Likes

Great news Lewis, I used your Wireless on over 50 episodes of the Teletubbies. By the end every single Tubby Toast was wire free. Cant wait to see new shaders and would always be happy to chip in on the cost front with others to develop shaders further if need be.

3 Likes