Mac 2022.1 Loosing keyframe and slower performance

I have been on 2022.1 for a few months now. Everything has been going relatively smooth. It is definitely not as snappy as earlier version with random beach balls happening regularly for only a few secs while doing the simplest of task that really don’t warrant a beach ball (like navigating a timeline or importing a simple file). Still have 2020.3 and 2021.1.1 installed. 2020.3 doesn’t do it at all and 2021.1.1 does it a little bit but no where near as much as 2022.1

The dealbreaker has happened to me today!!

So after all this time today in two separate projects almost everytime (80%) I step into and out of a BFX (what I use on the timeline for simpler comps) I lose all my keyframes. It is driving me nuts!!

I can’t believe this is only just happening now after using 2022 for so long!! But it is just not usable. Going to do a fresh install over the weekend.

Has anyone else seen this??

Cheers, Chris

Hey @FlamingChris, not sure if it’s related but I had a similar issue of keyframes appearing to disappear when I exited bfx. I found them in the animation editor “miles” away from the start frame of the clip. I had lots of heads/tails. So take a look in the animation editor to see if the same thing has happened.

Thanks @johnag. Yes I should have been more descriptive the keyframes are still there but miles away and also the timings are messed up where two keyframes that were 20frames apart are now 1 frame apart. Delete the keyframes, reanimate. step back out of BFX and they are buggered again. I am just limping along doing prerenders and saving setups constantly just to get through this job.

@FlamingChris
Try taking the clip into batch and exploding it. Do the keyframes behave themselves there?

Batch is behaving. Just have 30+ BFXs in the timeline and can’t believe this is suddenly happening over two projects that I am working with today.

Had the same thing here, but not all the time and not clear what triggers it in some circumstances and not others.