MONITORS (which ones do people like)

@ALan Wow, Thanks I didn`t know that dual panel view exists lol
I def gonna copy your work style !!!

1 Like

It is important to note that Dual Panel View is only available in 2 monitor configurations.

Here is the feature request to enable Dual Panel View in single monitor configurations.
https://feedback.autodesk.com/project/feedback/view.html?cap=5afe6c845cb3447ab36ccbd7f0688f84&uf=338726774d05485cb0429d4183815cf8&slsid=bcbe8f96486e49f1b7d42b65cde73c9e

2 Likes

I have this function also on my 21:9 BenQ PD3420Q that I bought recently to replace a malfunctioning LG 21:9 monitor that I had for a few years. It also has a nice puck to switch inputs or assign to other duties.

Cheers
Tony

Toni,
Have you gotten the puck to actually do port quick switching? Like. Assigned the display port to button one, then usb c to two?

Hi Brooks,

I use the left upper-right 3-dot button to cycle around my inputs and it travels between a USB-C and a display port but then to get back to the USB-C it has to travel through the empty HDMI slot. So I’ve left the three buttons on the default colour space presets but I know that you can customise them.

To do so go to “custom key” and the “Controller Key 1,2,3” and then choose the “Input” option of the four available, and bammm.

Cheers
Tony

this is so cool!! thanks for sharing that video!!! I can see how that workflow would be super helpful for me!

I guess so, never used flame on mac.

Hum, how do you do it in Mac OS? my flame is running as just single monitor, and I can’t see how to do dual panel view anywhere.

1 Like

I don’t know if this helps, but here’s a tutorial on my model of monitor for dual view:

Cheers
Tony

JOLED is bancrupt apparently, buy the 32" OLED while you still can :frowning:

@ALan Thanks for the monitor tips! Great timing as I was just about to purchase.

I now have the same Dell UltraSharp 40 working dual monitor via two inputs (Thunderbolt for the main and USB-C to Display Port for the side panel) working on a Mac Studio. Don’t know how I got by with so little screen real estate for so long!

3 Likes

Yup… once you have that going, everything else feels like a compromise.

1 Like

@drewd how are you finding the curved screen. I too am looking at the dell monitor. I do a lot of different type of work like editing, grading, shot based, and wondering what it’s not ideal for.

@johnag so far so good!took about a day for the curved novelty to wear off and now I don’t even notice it - never thought I’d own a curved screen but it’s only slight compared to others I’ve seen. Seems very sharp and looks good out of the box

Would need more time for a proper assessment but one compromise is the lack of hardware calibration but I’ve never set my GUI up in the past. For me the realestate and option to have it dual monitor trumps color accuracy. I’m already spending less time minimizing windows and apps.

I’m just finishing up a project so I’ve not had time to play around with settings. Seems easy enough software wise to navigate. Getting the dual layout to stick on reboot is something I need to look into but I’ve been tinkering a lot.

Hope that’s helpful

1 Like

Are you using Linux or macOS? I would think macOS would be simple, for Linux you might need to save the Xorg thru the Nvidia control panel.

3 Likes

Running Mac OS. It’s all good now. Think I was just messing around too much with the settings 80/20 & 75/25

Hey Alan, just reading all this now as I am shopping for a new monitor. Are you running Linux? I am and would want to be sure I can get the dual monitor config working. Are you still happy? How is colour accuracy, did it need calibrating out of the box?

Yes.

1 Like

have you seen these? Dell UltraSharp 49 Curved? Bigger is Better???

all depends on the resolution. That seems like a gaming monitor and they are often lower vertical resolution around 1440, instead of the full 5120x2160 that the one I mention has.